Dioner Navarro Placed on DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Dioner Navarro Placed on DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dioner Navarro Placed on DL

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:32 pm

Left the game against the Yankees and has now been placed on the DL.

Link

Navarro Placed on 15 Day DL; DiFelice Recalled

Per the Rays Postgame Show, Dioner Navarro will go to the 15 Day Disabled List due to the lacerated finger that he suffered during today's game. Navarro was forced to leave the game early after attempting to break a fall in the dugout by grabbing onto the netting. It was this netting that caused the injury.

To replace Navarro on the active roster, the Rays have recalled C Mike DiFelice from AAA Durham. DiFelice was removed from the Bulls' game tonight in Toledo early after word of the injury got to Fifth Third Field. He will be in Yankee Stadium starting tomorrow afternoon to back up Shawn Riggans. Whenever DiFelice does indeed play in a game, it will be his first appearance on the field in a Rays uniform since July of 2001.

Meanwhile, Riggans takes over as the presumptive starter following the injury. Hopefully he will make the most of the opportunity and prove himself in the Major Leagues after running into some poor luck in previous years due to injury.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dioner Navarro Placed on DL

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:34 pm

Tough luck for Navvy. He has had some bad luck recently - baby had some medical problems, they were in a hit and run after his first game as a Ray, his mom had an aneurysm during ST, and now this.

Riggans is a solid offensive catcher and has been unlucky with injuries himself. Navvy will be the catcher when he gets back, but Riggans could prove himself in his time
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:26 pm

He should be back on Tuesday. He made some nice rehab starts in A ball and hit .571 in a couple games there. He caught Kaz and Garza and had some nice AB's. I still think he can have a nice season as long as he stays healthy
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cabby » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:03 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:He should be back on Tuesday. He made some nice rehab starts in A ball and hit .571 in a couple games there. He caught Kaz and Garza and had some nice AB's. I still think he can have a nice season as long as he stays healthy

So should I start him ths week? In a 12 league keeper and we start 2 catchers. I dropped Laird because I thought for sure that he would be playing this week barring a setback. As far as I can tell he should be in the lineup, even if he misses a game I don't mind too much. Just taking a risk with starting Arod this week too
Cabby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:03 pm

Cabby wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:He should be back on Tuesday. He made some nice rehab starts in A ball and hit .571 in a couple games there. He caught Kaz and Garza and had some nice AB's. I still think he can have a nice season as long as he stays healthy

So should I start him ths week? In a 12 league keeper and we start 2 catchers. I dropped Laird because I thought for sure that he would be playing this week barring a setback. As far as I can tell he should be in the lineup, even if he misses a game I don't mind too much. Just taking a risk with starting Arod this week too

He was elig to come off today, but they wanted him to catch Garza. All signs indicate he will be playing this week and should play almost every day
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JimmyD » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:47 pm

Is Navarro any better than Laird or Ramon Hernandez?

I don't know much about him, but would like to take a long look at him in my 2-C league.
JimmyD
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mashug » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:06 pm

Laird Yes. Ramon, proabably no. Keep an eye on Navarro though. He's got talent.
Mashug
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:26 pm

His off the DL and starting tonight
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero