Anyone skilled with the pen or pencil? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Anyone skilled with the pen or pencil?

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Anyone skilled with the pen or pencil?

Postby menyak » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:56 am

Just had a silly idea, so I thought I'd better toss it out there straight away. ;-)

The Cafe's article pages look a bit naked without images, and once we allow all users to have their own blog (whoops, didn't I mention that O:-) ) we'll have even more text-only pages yearning for a bit of visual supplement. So I thought that maybe we could add user pictures. But on the other hand I'm not a big fan of "getting your face out there" - it's a bit old-fashioned, not very stylish (well, depending on the pic B-) ) and simply not unique or cool. Just just not Cafe-like in other words. :-b

Which made me wonder - since we have so many folks in here who can Photoshop, we might also have a couple that can draw? Because it would look very stylish, unique and cool if those pictures were drawn by hand. Just start from a personal pic that someone supplied, turn it into a drawing (could be cartoon-like, but doesn't have to be). There should probably be a couple of style rules to make it a recognizable Cafe thing (e.g. b&w, pencil only), then give this Cafe style a cool name (Cafetar or similar). I could create an extra field in the database so this special, visual "self" can be stored and used at will.

Sounds stupid? :-?
"Never argue with an idiot. People won't know who's who."
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Anyone skilled with the pen or pencil?

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:48 pm

Doesnt sound stupid at all. Unfortunely I can't draw in the least :-/

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests