Cleat Marks #4 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

Cleat Marks #4

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Cleat Marks #4

Postby WebHamster » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:45 am

This thread contains comments on Madison Jones's Article "Cleat Marks #4", which was posted in the Cafe's Articles section on April 3, 2008. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 573)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cleat Marks #4

Postby Sucram5 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:10 pm

14 days?
This is baseball season. Not off season. Not Spring training. This is basball season.
There are games every single day (except the day before and the day after the all star day). There are junkies out here who need our fix of fantasy advice and views from experts and just something to hold us until 1:05 or 3:40 or 7:05 until the games come on. 14 days is a little extravagant to wait to post another "cleat marks" or "sleeper of the week", don;t you think? Hell, in football season you guys are on top of the game. I can rely on you for a sneaky wide receiver or defense to pick up. Where are you when I am 50 points off the top of my baseball rotissary? Where are you when I need to read you type that you were wrong about The Riot and see your full appology for telling me to pick him up rather than DeRosa.

If you are all looking at federal charges for internet fraud, I can forgive you. If the police have raided your secret headquarters and found evidence of mass polygamy, you are off of the hook. But short of an ingrown eyelash causing company wide blindness or at least a pandemec of pink eye, there is no excuse for not posting a single word for 14 days.

*Please note that this is a plea for help and an explanation of gratitude for what you do and not a knock at your ambition.*
Sucram5
T-Ball Trainer

Re: Cleat Marks #4

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:15 pm

Sucram5 wrote:If you are all looking at federal charges for internet fraud, I can forgive you. If the police have raided your secret headquarters and found evidence of mass polygamy, you are off of the hook. But short of an ingrown eyelash causing company wide blindness or at least a pandemec of pink eye, there is no excuse for not posting a single word for 14 days.

:-b Nice. Got a good chuckle from me, and I needed it. ;-D

As to Cleat Marks, that is something I am trying to do, but time constraints have prevented me from being able to do it in a timely fashion. On the football side we've got tons of members who contribute each and every single week for those pieces. I'd love to build that up on this side as well and have been trying, the results just haven't been optimal yet.

Sleepers are always tough as the writer must have thick skin. They tend to draw nothing but critics and boos because picking sleepers that are actually still available in a lot of leagues is quite tough, so it's not really a surprise people don't want to subject themselves to that.

But we're trying. I'll see about at least getting a new edition of Cleat Marks written and up as soon as I can and I'll try to get some sleeper ideas in ther for you. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Article Discussions