The Royals are better than people think - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Kansas City Royals

The Royals are better than people think

Moderators: joshparrish, prodpaul, Baseball Moderators

The Royals are better than people think

Postby kretz330 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:07 pm

Don't look now but we just swept the opening series on the road against the Detroit Tigers. If my calculations are correct we are on pace to go 162-0 and Gordon is on pace to hit 108 homers and 216 RBIs. New Blue Tradition
kretz330
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Royals are better than people think

Postby FouLLine » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:51 pm

The Royals will be better than people think next year (2010).

If Alex Gordon, Jose Guillen (in a contract year I believe), and Gil Meche are all healthy this year as well as the addition of Josh Fields (will prove to be a solid source of power) and Chris Getz can give them the speed they need at the top of that lineup. I'm guessing (Guetzing) the lesser second basemen of Callaspo and Getz will be in the OF or at the least plays a dominate utility role.

I see Alex Gordon and Billy Butler taking there game to the next level. Billy Butler will have All-Star type numbers. I may just be getting crazy with anticipation but I'm thinking .315 with 30 bombs 100+ RBI for Butler. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Gordon hits 25 HRs and steals 20 bases.
FouLLine
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby fast dogs » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:53 am

there is some talent there but you have to do better than Farnsworth,Jacobs, Guillen & Crisp as your big offseason adds the last couple years.Its tough enuf to win cheap, but you gotta be right now & then on players you take a chance on
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 303)

Postby Tavish » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:11 pm

fast dogs wrote:there is some talent there but you have to do better than Farnsworth,Jacobs, Guillen & Crisp as your big offseason adds the last couple years.Its tough enuf to win cheap, but you gotta be right now & then on players you take a chance on

There have been a ton of swings and misses by Moore when it comes to free agents. Hopefully Kendall isn't another page in that book, but the wholesale cleaning out of below average players got a get start this offseason.

This year will live and die with Gordon's development. They saw what they needed out of Greinke and Butler last season, Gordon is the last of the high profile guys that haven't proven they will be part of building a contender. If he can even be a near-.800 OPS hitter and stay healthy then there is a chance that we won't be rebuilding in to the later stages of the decade.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Return to Kansas City Royals