Pujols For Guillen? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Pujols For Guillen?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Pujols For Guillen?

Postby abrage22 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:00 pm

don't veto this..

He just doesn't want risky pujols on his team... which if he's willing to give him away for just guillen... thats his problem
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby talan37 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:45 am

I would veto. Aside from the obvious disparity of a 1st rounder vs a 6th rounder....

1. Pujol's risk was known coming into the draft, if he was that "concerned" about it he should have just drafted someone else.(if its a keeper league its a veto anyway regardless) This makes it smell fishy, if you think Reyes is going to have a terrible season you don't take him with the first pick and then sell him to the lowest bidder in the second week of the season. You simply draft Hanley, or Arod instead.

2. In my mind you can't justify selling low on an injury risk if your getting another injury risk in return. If he was really concerned about the injury risk then he would have traded for someone who is a "sure" thing, and while guillen hasn't missed a lot of games the last two seasons, anyone who owns him knows he is somewhat injury prone.

Both of these things make it smell fishy to me, if it was two people I knew and I knew there was absolutely no collusion I _might_ let it go, two people I didn't know that well? Veto absolutely. Pujols is a game-breaker, hence his first round status, even if he plays hurt he will be by far better than guillen.
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Fuddjcal » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:11 pm

It's asinine, plain and simple. The "elbow" has been the most hyped injury I have seen for some time. He is no Rich Harden. I find it interesting that he doesn't even wear a protective sleave over it. That should tell you something.

I would never be associated with any complete moron that would do that. You drafted him...take your lumps like a man if he goes down. Don't f up the league because you read a few blurbs, orsimply shouldn't have drafted him.

Such boobs around it is mind boggling.
Fuddjcal
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner