Yunel Escobar!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yunel Escobar!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: GRAB YUNEL ESCOBAR BEFORE IT'S TO LATE

Postby Krunk City King$ » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:15 pm

Ender wrote:Sell high after April is my advice. Though he should be owned in every league.

nevah sell high on a young cuban phenom......

:-t
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yunel Escobar!!!

Postby beeris good » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:57 pm

I have Rollins and Phillips I drafted Yunel later in the draft what offers ar people making to get or giving up for him?
beeris good
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:16 pm

stumpak wrote:
abc11435 wrote:Some guy drafted him in 9th round in my league. And here I was checking to see if he's in FA pool.

That might win the award for worst draft pick of 2008.

I drafted him in Round 12 in one league, while picking him up off the WW in another league.

Given that he's 2B/SS/3B in Yahoo!, this guy can help you out big time with his statline. I like him for 15HR 20SB
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby chipper » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:28 pm

OneLoveBoomer wrote:I drafted him in Round 12 in one league, while picking him up off the WW in another league.

Given that he's 2B/SS/3B in Yahoo!, this guy can help you out big time with his statline. I like him for 15HR 20SB

Yeah that's where I see him at as well, not to mention a .300+ ba, his runs scored, and a decent # of RBI.
His spot in the order right before Chipper and Teix is very nice.

beeris good wrote:I have Rollins and Phillips I drafted Yunel later in the draft what offers ar people making to get or giving up for him?

Since you probably won't get good value for him, I'd keep Escobar and trade one of the other two, bigtime player for bigtime player. What I've found in trading, is a lot of people won't always recognize the value of a player without a big name, and therefore won't be willing to give up good enough value. Since you know Escobar is good, you may have to end up trading one of the other guys with the big name, in order to maximize the value in grabbing Escobar wherever you did.
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Yunel Escobar!!!

Postby colt4523 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:50 pm

In CBS leagues he was ranked pretty high and with his eligibility he went sooner then I hoped in both leagues. He and McLouth were the 2 players I wanted to get in all leagues and I was extremely disappointed I did not score Escobar in any. I did get McLouth in both leagues but he was barely ranked so I knew I could wait on him.
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Postby stumpak » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:35 pm

[quote="OneLoveBoomer"][quote="stumpak"][quote="abc11435"]Some guy drafted him in 9th round in my league. And here I was checking to see if he's in FA pool.[/quote]

That might win the award for worst draft pick of 2008.[/quote]

I drafted him in Round 12 in one league, while picking him up off the WW in another league.

Given that he's 2B/SS/3B in Yahoo!, this guy can help you out big time with his statline. I like him for 15HR 20SB[/quote]

Can you explain where this power is coming from? I am not trying to be a jerk, I just don't understand the rationale for projecting 15 HR given his career MLB/Minors numbers. Am I missing something?
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:52 pm

stumpak wrote:Can you explain where this power is coming from? I am not trying to be a jerk, I just don't understand the rationale for projecting 15 HR given his career MLB/Minors numbers. Am I missing something?

He hit 5 in about 300 ABs last year, so I double that and add 5 because I think he will improve to that level. He had a great spring and he's already got regular season HR under his belt. Please believe he'll hit 14 more!
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby activechamp2006 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:46 pm

OneLoveBoomer wrote:
stumpak wrote:Can you explain where this power is coming from? I am not trying to be a jerk, I just don't understand the rationale for projecting 15 HR given his career MLB/Minors numbers. Am I missing something?

He hit 5 in about 300 ABs last year, so I double that and add 5 because I think he will improve to that level. He had a great spring and he's already got regular season HR under his belt. Please believe he'll hit 14 more!

escobar could be a very solid 15-15 300 hitter who is eligible at 2b/ss/3b. Considering where he was drafted you really can't go wrong.
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers