Chad Billingsley - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Chad Billingsley

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Chad Billingsley

Postby Montana168 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:58 am

i'm guessing the game is going to be PPD because they still haven't resumed play yet...
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Montana168 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:10 am

well...i take it back they resumed play. what a waste of linc and billingsley!!!!! loiaza is now in for LAD...their wasting ANOTHER STARTER. no wonder torre was fired in NY! :-D
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby J.C.Fighter » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:25 am

Montana168 wrote:well...i take it back they resumed play. what a waste of linc and billingsley!!!!! loiaza is now in for LAD...their wasting ANOTHER STARTER. no wonder torre was fired in NY! :-D

Are you sure about that buddy?
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jtys17 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:26 am

Torre was not known for amazing use of his pitching staff.
jtys17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:16 am

jtys17 wrote:Torre was not known for amazing use of his pitching staff.

Yeah, and right now his usage of Billingsley is killing me. Brings him in for two more innings last night after saying he wouldn't pitch again until his next scheduled start. I'm sure for most managers, its not such a big deal in week 1 but we have a 30 inning minimum and I already have Gallardo and Smoltz on the DL. Hopefully Smoltz makes his start on Sunday and Parra does well today against the Bad News Bears, I mean Giants, but this usage of Billingsley kills me right now. Damn you Torre :-P
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby BiggGC » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:41 am

RedSoxNation04 wrote:
jtys17 wrote:Torre was not known for amazing use of his pitching staff.

Yeah, and right now his usage of Billingsley is killing me. Brings him in for two more innings last night after saying he wouldn't pitch again until his next scheduled start. I'm sure for most managers, its not such a big deal in week 1 but we have a 30 inning minimum and I already have Gallardo and Smoltz on the DL. Hopefully Smoltz makes his start on Sunday and Parra does well today against the Bad News Bears, I mean Giants, but this usage of Billingsley kills me right now. Damn you Torre :-P

LOL I know right!
Is Torre gonna do this craziness all season? Your in , your out, you pitch two days after we are so concerned about jerking you around in a rain delay!
Thanks to WhiteSoxPride
BiggGC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ha_jai » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:57 pm

Torre probably threw him in there so he can get some work in. Too bad for his owners in H2H leagues though.
ha_jai
College Coach
College Coach

Postby beagle » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:48 am

He is scheduled to start tomorrow, and this has me a bit concerned. I am baffled by Torre's use of him. Is he not confident in him? I know the rain story, but then he gets him out there for 2 innnings, and then pushes his start back another day. Why? I am sure not many can answer this (who knows what's going through Torre's mind), but if he is a solid starter, why keep holding out on him?
beagle
College Coach
College Coach

Postby activechamp2006 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:28 pm

beagle wrote:He is scheduled to start tomorrow, and this has me a bit concerned. I am baffled by Torre's use of him. Is he not confident in him? I know the rain story, but then he gets him out there for 2 innnings, and then pushes his start back another day. Why? I am sure not many can answer this (who knows what's going through Torre's mind), but if he is a solid starter, why keep holding out on him?

You're looking way to much into it. Billingsley pitched a couple innings in relief because he only got 1 out of work in the other night. ( Billingsley would have stayed in the game longer if not for the rain delay, i was watching the game) The couple of innings he threw were just so he could get some work in, Torre pushed his start back another day because he knew bills could use an extra days rest after throwing a couple innings in relief. Not to mention it wasn't going to throw off the rotation starting him one day later.
Everything should be fine from here on out, give torre some credit, i think the guy knows what he's doing.
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beagle » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:24 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:
beagle wrote:He is scheduled to start tomorrow, and this has me a bit concerned. I am baffled by Torre's use of him. Is he not confident in him? I know the rain story, but then he gets him out there for 2 innnings, and then pushes his start back another day. Why? I am sure not many can answer this (who knows what's going through Torre's mind), but if he is a solid starter, why keep holding out on him?

You're looking way to much into it. Billingsley pitched a couple innings in relief because he only got 1 out of work in the other night. ( Billingsley would have stayed in the game longer if not for the rain delay, i was watching the game) The couple of innings he threw were just so he could get some work in, Torre pushed his start back another day because he knew bills could use an extra days rest after throwing a couple innings in relief. Not to mention it wasn't going to throw off the rotation starting him one day later.
Everything should be fine from here on out, give torre some credit, i think the guy knows what he's doing.

Hindsight, but I sure think he looks like something is not right with him. I am hitting myself for getting talked into this, but all the signs pointed this way for Chad. I sure hope things turn around for him soon, but it seems like Torre is seeing things that aren't making him happy, and his few appearences now prove that to us fans.
beagle
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates