Yahoo Stattracker problems - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Stattracker problems

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo Stattracker problems

Postby RedBullVodka » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:12 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
RedBullVodka wrote:I couldn't run the live draft applet correctly because of my work's restrictions. Do you know if stattracker will work properly (ie update). I've bought it in previous years and tried the other day but couldn't because of the problem you outlined earlier in all probability, but now I'm concerned it won't work even if I do? (It worked OK in previous years, but then again so did live draft!).

Would I get money back if it didn't work OK?

If you could not use the live draft application in the environment you care about, it is extremely unlikely that StatTracker would work in that same environment; their network usage patterns are very similar. As for refund policies, I couldn't and shouldn't say; that is a side of the world that is far removed from what I do, and I'd be best not to guess about company policy when I don't know. That is a question better answered by customer care.

But you do raise a good point - people who are not getting StatTracker updates: in each case did you used to get those updates, but then it stopped? Because you can certainly be sitting behind a firewall that just plain won't allow StatTracker to work at all.

OK thanks for taking the time to answer. Looks like I won't be purchasing it this year... :-/
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:20 am

stat tracker has been working perfectly for me. even in my league with 16 categories. ;-D ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Y`s Guy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:14 am

Today for the first time my team page is blank when I simply want to see how they all did yesterday. This is no biggie to me and I think it happened last season, too, for a bit. Yahoo always irons things out.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Madison » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:55 am

Tried it this evening and it updated just like it is supposed to, so I'd say it isn't a Vista problem. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:11 am

Snakes Gould wrote:stat tracker has been working perfectly for me. even in my league with 16 categories. ;-D ;-D

Even if you have to.............(dramatic music).............scroll? :-D :-D :-D
Stat-tracker has been fine for me so far, but I only usually use it between the time the games have finished, and when the "next day" starts.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:28 pm

Madison wrote:Tried it this evening and it updated just like it is supposed to, so I'd say it isn't a Vista problem. ;-D

I'm pretty sure it isn't a "It doesn't work with Vista" problem. More like a "Vista does security things that might stop it from working depending on your installation, network, and configuration." problem.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby flyfishwa » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:06 pm

I am also having problems. I had been using Windows XP, and it was working fine. Last week I got a new computer, with windows Vista. It is not updating for me in real time. It opens and the stats appear to be current, but it does not update as I watch it. I have the latest Java, and I even shut my firewall down, but no change. Please help!!!
flyfishwa
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jfg » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:54 pm

It's so hard right now to buy a new PC. It's up in the air if Vista will ever be worthwhile or be a Windows ME. I bet on the latter and installed XP on my new laptop. The whole thing with Vista is that it's super secure. That's great, but the only way to get programs to work on it is to turn all that off. Always know that if you're using Vista and something doesn't work, 99 percent of the time it's Vista that is the problem not the application. Like Genie said, you can configure it to work, but you're losing all your security and all of the sudden you're sitting with a brand new OS that is worse than XP (if it wasn't already).

Sorry for the rant, I just had so many problems with Vista and wanted to warn people and let others know that they shouldn't blame Yahoo on this one.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 84)

Postby bryan_05 » Wed May 07, 2008 4:59 pm

flyfishwa wrote:I am also having problems. I had been using Windows XP, and it was working fine. Last week I got a new computer, with windows Vista. It is not updating for me in real time. It opens and the stats appear to be current, but it does not update as I watch it. I have the latest Java, and I even shut my firewall down, but no change. Please help!!!

I was having the same problems. Y! said to open ports 1843 and 11999 in Windows Vista. I did that but it still didn't work. So here is what I did...

Uninstall your flash player

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flas ... player.exe

Then get an older version of flash

http://www.oldapps.com/download.php?old ... 15_win.exe
Atlanta, GA
bryan_05
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed May 07, 2008 6:25 pm

bryan_05 wrote:
flyfishwa wrote:I am also having problems. I had been using Windows XP, and it was working fine. Last week I got a new computer, with windows Vista. It is not updating for me in real time. It opens and the stats appear to be current, but it does not update as I watch it. I have the latest Java, and I even shut my firewall down, but no change. Please help!!!

I was having the same problems. Y! said to open ports 1843 and 11999 in Windows Vista. I did that but it still didn't work. So here is what I did...

Uninstall your flash player

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flas ... player.exe

Then get an older version of flash

http://www.oldapps.com/download.php?old ... 15_win.exe

If that worked for you, that's very interesting.

So one thing I can surmise based on that data: the newer version of Flash probably took it upon itself to try to talk to port 843 first. When that failed, it would then end up talking to 1843. But perhaps something in Vista is making it fail once it even tries to talk to port 843. I'll pass on this data to the people who would be in a position to test and play with this, but if you're feeling adventuresome, you could try telling Vista that you have no problem with 843 either.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers