Posada Out - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Posada Out

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Posada Out

Postby siQ_innovation » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:49 am

Jorge plays through this crap every year and still manages to put up reasonable numbers.

Props to RyanK for the Sig.
siQ_innovation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AllDay » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:22 am

KC ran pretty well getting 4 SB's off Posada. Teams will be testing him whenever he does return.
AllDay
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BUCCOFAN » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:55 am

sportsguy138 wrote:He's never been on the DL in his career. But of course, the one year I draft him he probably will be. :-b

Here Here..... got him in an auction, deep 14 team league, catchers are at a premium. I paid $26 for him. and now this....OUCH :-t
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 278)

Postby Fireball Express » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:28 pm

As soon as this news came out last night the vultures came out to pick at my carcass.
This guy offers me K.Suzuki, K.Matsui and Lyon for my Cueto and Mo Rivera. Told him that he should make an offer to someone in an orange jumpsuit if he wanted to prison rape someone.
I'll take my chances w/ the WW. If Jorge gets DLed I'll probably grab Bard. He'll get more time behind the plate w/ Barrett out for an extended time.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Southpawo5 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:46 pm

More from Will Carroll:

The Yankees got more bad news than just the Captain's injury this week, as Posada had more problems with his shoulder. He couldn't complete a game behind the plate, and now his swing is even more affected by the pain, eliminating DHing as an alternative option. Worse, Peter Abraham is reporting that Posada says his arm feels "dead," noting that the problem is at the back of the shoulder. The Yankees will send Posada for imaging and tests, and have made the call for a replacement, fueling speculation that he's headed to the DL. It's too early to put a real expectation on how long he'll be out, though it's not too early for some pundits to already start pinging Brian Cashman for re-signing an older catcher. I'd remind them that this is a new injury and that Posada wasn't showing this issue in spring training. Posada actually points to an awkward throw that he made on April 1 as the root cause of this injury.
Southpawo5
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:42 pm

From The Journal News
Jorge Posada has been diagnosed with a shoulder strain according to the KC team doctor and should only miss a few days. It doesn’t look like a DL. He had the MRI sent to Dr. James Andrews for confirmation and the Yankees will have their doctors look at it as well. “It’s good news because it’s not serious,”.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby cymbaline » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:32 pm

Posada is batting cleanup tonight. Hopefully he won't get scratched (again).
cymbaline
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Pinstripe Pride » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:53 pm

with shelly duncan getting sent down and giambi playing so bad posada will be DHing till he can catch from what i think/see
Pinstripe Pride
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Mighty Trow » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:31 pm

HR off Nomo ;-D

2/4, 2 runs, 1 walk
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby JoeMoney19 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:32 am

Jeter out, Posada to play for Yankees

NEW YORK (TICKER) —Derek Jeter’s left quadriceps injury will likely keep him out of Friday’s game against the Boston Red Sox, according to a report in Friday’s New York Post.

The New York Yankees’ shortstop has only played catch since suffering the injury during Monday loss to the Tampa Bay Rays and has missed the last three games, including Thursday’s 6-1 victory over the Kansas City Royals.

The Yankees’ captain is expected to take ground balls, play catch and could possibly taking batting practice on Friday, but first-year manager Joe Girardi isn’t taking any chances.

“We have to know he can’t re-injure it,” Girardi told the Post. “That’s when we are looking at six weeks.”

Jeter’s status for the remainder of the three-game series is uncertain.

Catcher Jorge Posada, who has been playing through a nagging shoulder injury since spring training, probably won’t be behind home plate on Friday but is available to be the designated hitter. As the DH on Thursday, he had two hits, including his first home run of the season.

“I don’t expect him (to catch),” Girardi told the newspaper. “But you never know, it’s a strange injury.”
JoeMoney19
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates