Interactive Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Interactive Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Interactive Fantasy Baseball

Postby jcook3127 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:08 pm

You got Zambrano on the mound...he's gone 6 scoreless but has consistently gotten out of trouble all game long...you're happy with the outing, you're more than happy...your whole day has been made...and Big Lou trots him out there for the 7th...you already know what comes next...a 4 straight guys get on, 2 runs cross the plate, Lou yanks Z and Marmol surrenders the other 2 runs Zambrano was responsible for

What a nightmare...have you ever thought about a fantasy game where YOU CAN LITERALLY BE THE MANAGER...you could yank your starting pitcher from your fantasy team whenever you wanted...or if you got Billy Butler on your bench and he's raking while one of your regulars pulled a hammy, you could substitute him right in and get credit for his future at bats

Anybody ever think how cool it would be if Fantasy evolved into something like this? I know it would be very difficult..there's a lot of crap involved....but I'd love it
Why don't they just get a house that's already painted?
jcook3127
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Interactive Fantasy Baseball

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:10 pm

jcook3127 wrote:You got Zambrano on the mound...he's gone 6 scoreless but has consistently gotten out of trouble all game long...you're happy with the outing, you're more than happy...your whole day has been made...and Big Lou trots him out there for the 7th...you already know what comes next...a 4 straight guys get on, 2 runs cross the plate, Lou yanks Z and Marmol surrenders the other 2 runs Zambrano was responsible for

What a nightmare...have you ever thought about a fantasy game where YOU CAN LITERALLY BE THE MANAGER...you could yank your starting pitcher from your fantasy team whenever you wanted...or if you got Billy Butler on your bench and he's raking while one of your regulars pulled a hammy, you could substitute him right in and get credit for his future at bats

Anybody ever think how cool it would be if Fantasy evolved into something like this? I know it would be very difficult..there's a lot of crap involved....but I'd love it

I've thought about this but it is way too time consuming for it to be any fun.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Payne Dailey » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:37 pm

It would work great for football but tiresome for baseball. 16 games with halftimes vs 162 games. I would hate to be on the east coast with a ton of west coast players.
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jcook3127 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:39 pm

Yea I get those concerns...of course it wouldn't be mandatory...you could leave your guys in their slots and leave them at the whims of their real manager...but as an added option (maybe even just for pitchers) I'd love it...
Why don't they just get a house that's already painted?
jcook3127
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers