Disabled List Informer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Disabled List Informer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Disabled List Informer

Postby jake_harv88 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:30 pm

I posted this in leftovers but maybe it would be more appropriate over here. This is a blog written by a licensed physical therapist. Basically they give their input and opinions on injuries around the league with a focus on fantasy baseball. Pretty much anyone that people have posted about in this forum is written about over there. Everything I've read is pretty much spot on so its definitely worth a gander...

http://disabledlist.blogspot.com/
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Disabled List Informer

Postby quitesanemax » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:34 pm

I agree. This guy is great. He gives you a professional pespective. He has some insight into what actually might be going on. I read his blogs every day... and just hope that none of my players come up. Lol.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby anti elian » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:37 pm

I almost wish you wouldn't share this with everyone. It's been my ace in the hole on injuries for quite some time. I think it's a huge advantage over your competitors because the standard news blurbs you see on rotowire always give the most optimistic predictions.
anti elian
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jake_harv88 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:44 pm

anti elian wrote:I almost wish you wouldn't share this with everyone. It's been my ace in the hole on injuries for quite some time. I think it's a huge advantage over your competitors because the standard news blurbs you see on rotowire always give the most optimistic predictions.

If you dont want great information to be shared here then you should probably find a new site :-D
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby anti elian » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:53 pm

jake_harv88 wrote:
anti elian wrote:I almost wish you wouldn't share this with everyone. It's been my ace in the hole on injuries for quite some time. I think it's a huge advantage over your competitors because the standard news blurbs you see on rotowire always give the most optimistic predictions.

If you dont want great information to be shared here then you should probably find a new site :-D

I know, it's just an expression of how amazing this blog is. Oh and despite being a Sox fan, he's really responsive to messages and he's more than willing to give his opinion on players that doesn't have articles about.
anti elian
College Coach
College Coach

Postby quitesanemax » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:29 pm

anti elian wrote:
I know, it's just an expression of how amazing this blog is. Oh and despite being a Sox fan, he's really responsive to messages and he's more than willing to give his opinion on players that doesn't have articles about.

Yes, I've found that to be a problem with Sox fans too... they tend to have trouble responding to messages and giving their opinions... Not! Lol.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pangbones » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:37 pm

Someone had referenced this site in the J Rauch thread, and I was very impressed with it. The cafe comes through again!! ;-D

Great site!!
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:42 pm

quitesanemax wrote:I agree. This guy is great. He gives you a professional pespective. He has some insight into what actually might be going on. I read his blogs every day... and just hope that none of my players come up. Lol.

Not sure if you were the first but since it was your posts that I've read and made mention of this site I'll give you overdue props for bringing this site to the Cafe. ;-D
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jamastaballa » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:18 pm

Um, that site is amazing - thanks for the link! I'll be using it daily.
10-Team H2H Std. 5x5

R. Martin, G. Atkins, J. Rollins, A. Hill, D. Wright, A. Gordon,
E. Renteria, Crawford, M. Ramirez, P. Burrell, N. Markakis, C. Hart

Lincecum, J. Cueto, H. Street, G. Sherrill, M. Capps, AJ Burnett, Putz, B. Myers, Harden, Bedard,
jamastaballa
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby quitesanemax » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:49 pm

StarsNPinstripes wrote:
quitesanemax wrote:I agree. This guy is great. He gives you a professional pespective. He has some insight into what actually might be going on. I read his blogs every day... and just hope that none of my players come up. Lol.

Not sure if you were the first but since it was your posts that I've read and made mention of this site I'll give you overdue props for bringing this site to the Cafe. ;-D

Thanks. Lately, when I see the player in the Injury & Player Updates, I will post the link. I doubt I was the first, since I just started doing it recently. Either way, I have to give the Cafe props for even discovering it. I went looking to the Cafe for finding sites for something to do with my draft (don't remember what specifically), and that site just happened to link one of his stories. And I've been reading his blogs ever since.

Something tells me hes not going to be the "Best kept secret" for fantasy baseball much longer...
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates