Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate my team! WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate my team! WHIR

Postby MNbaseball » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:25 am

Hey all, I'm in a 12 managers h2h keeper legue(6 players can be kept after this year) First time for everyone so no keepers from previous years , with 20 players...only neccesities is 4 SP 1 RP other then that anything you want as long as positions are filled. This is my team

James LoneyLA 1B
B.J. Upton 2B
Alex GordonKC 3B
Josh Fields CHW backup3B
Hanley Ramirez FlA SS
Bengie Molina SF C
Curtis Granderson DET OF
Vladimer GuerreroANA OF
Chris B. Young ARI OF
Matt Kemp LA DH/backup OF
Pat Burell PHI backupOF
Willy Taveras COL backupOF
J.J. Putz SEA RP
Rafael Soriano ATL RP
Scott Kazmir TB #1 SP
Carlos Zambrano CHC #2 SP
John Smoltz ATL #3 SP
Rich Hill CHC #4 SP
Matt Garza backup SP
Chris Carpenter STL backup SP

edit: Changed it up..put scott kazmir and curtis granderson and carpenter on DL... Added Conor Jackson to back up 1B, Hiroki Kuroda to back up SP...have Garza playing instead of Kazmir until he is off DL. This is how the league is scored..

Scoring (RPs): RPs are determined by the following formulas:

Batters: (Runs Scored x 2.5) + (RBI x 3.25) + (Total Bases * 2.5) + (SB * 3) + (On Base * 1) Note: Total Bases = Hits + BB + HBP + Doubles + (Triples x 2) + (HR x 3); On Base = Hits + Walks + HBP

Starting Pitchers: (Wins x 9) + (IP x 4.5) + K + (CG x 7.5) + (SHO x 7.5) - (ER x 3) + points for batting as above

Relief Pitchers: (Wins x 9) + (IP x 4.5) + K + (SV x 24) - (ER x 3) - (Games Started * 30) + points for batting as above

What do you think? I have never played before so im not really up to date on strategies, but think i pretty much ended up with an average team. We will see....any tips on how to improve the team would be appreciated, thanks! Leave a link and I will tell you what i think of yours!
Last edited by MNbaseball on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MNbaseball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please rate my team! WHIR

Postby MNbaseball » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:02 pm

Bump...Updated some info on it.
MNbaseball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Cubsfan2803 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:55 pm

For a six person league you defiantly have your share of great players. Although, compared to the rest of your team, your 1B and 3B seem extremely weak. You should try and improve those. You outfield is very strong.

Your RP are strong as soon as Putz gets off his 15 day DL :-/ I have him also.

I like you SP but at least for this first few weeks your total pitching staff seems to be plagued with injuries. Hopefully ina month they will all be back to normal.
Cubsfan2803
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MNbaseball » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:48 pm

Thanks for the reply..I meant we are allowed 6 keepers when i put 6 players.. there is twelve managers(mixed league)..and its 6x6. Yea the injuries suck big time.. I just picked up Johnny Cueto SP so hopefully he continues to be even half as good as he performed today.
MNbaseball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dg12x » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:33 pm

Your team is very solid. 1st and 3rd might be a bit weak, but I think Gordon and Loney are in for very nice season. All in all a good team. I wouldn't rush to make any moves right now. What you don't have is an overwhelming strength, so unless a hard to pass up deal comes up, stand pat for now.
dg12x
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jupiter33 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:57 am

That's not a bad team. I like the addition of Johnny Cueto, and I would have said that even before he pitched today and got the "W" plus 10 K's. I like the upside this season on Alex Gordon, who I see with 87 R, 24 HR, 95 RBI, 15 SBs. Loney should hit for a strong average and provide average #'s in all categories except SB's. I'm not big on Josh FIelds, because the BA may be more detrimental to your team than his other categories. I'd pack up Tavares and Fields, and see what you can get in a trade. Other than that, I'd stay put for now, and check in around the end of the month
jupiter33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bracesj » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:16 am

I like your infield and pitching a lot, but your outfield could use some upgrades. I think you should drop willy tav, and try and pick up kosuke if you can, or a better outfield off your waiver wire. Willy last year only had about 320 at bats, so he may get you steals and a high average, but i don't see him putting up numbers as well as kosuke might. Kemp isn't doing too well right now, and i think kosuke could upgrade your OF to the power thats needed in a week where most hitter arent doing too well.
bracesj
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bracesj » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:17 am

I like your infield and pitching a lot, but your outfield could use some upgrades. I think you should drop willy tav, and try and pick up kosuke if you can, or a better outfield off your waiver wire. Willy last year only had about 320 at bats, so he may get you steals and a high average, but i don't see him putting up numbers as well as kosuke might. Kemp isn't doing too well right now, and i think kosuke could upgrade your OF to the power thats needed in a week where most hitter arent doing too well.
bracesj
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MNbaseball » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:00 pm

Thanks for the replys again, I dropped fields when i added cueto. I also added mark ellis for backup 2B just in case i want to play upton in outfield. What do you guys this of mark ellis? fukudome is already taken and I think his value is inflated after his great start so don't want to trade for him right now. Who is a good sleeper that might still be available or guy better then taveras for very little play but security.
MNbaseball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team