Head to Head standard league on Yahoo. Please Help! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

Head to Head standard league on Yahoo. Please Help!

Head to Head standard league on Yahoo. Please Help!

Postby mat4twamp23 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:46 pm

Hello all,

I am new to Fantasy Baseball. I am really into Basketball and Football but have never been that big of a fan of baseball. A bunch of my buddies do a standard head to head league on Yahoo and I figured I would give it a shot. I am looking for a good site (free) that has player rankings for a head to head league. I have found a bunch of sites for Roto but none mentioning head to head. Are the sheets going to be much different? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch,

MAT
mat4twamp23
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Head to Head standard league on Yahoo. Please Help!

Postby still-hate-francisco-cabrera » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:09 pm

Most lists are based off of standard 5x5 categories:

off: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG

pitch: W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

You can usually use the same rankings for both. Adding more categories to the scoring will have more of an effect than the league format
still-hate-francisco-cabrera
College Coach
College Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Head to Head standard league on Yahoo. Please Help!

Postby CineMamet » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:05 pm

Just use Yahoo's rankings. This way you'll have all the rankings based on your league's specific categories and scoring format. I also do head to head, and the main difference is the obvious: some players are streakier than others. The other major difference is starting pitching. Facing Johann Santana once in a week is tough, but twice in one week is a killer. That's where you bring in strategy...do you pick up and drop a bunch of spot starters? Head to head leagues will often have managers with over 120 moves by the end of the year (unless you put a cap on transactions). You will want to ask your buddies about all of these rules before preparing for the draft.

Look at home and road splits...Rockies offense of course at home, pitcher vs hitter parks, Ervin Santana sucks on the road, things like this may alter your strategy during the season than if you were just doing rotisserie.

And finally, the averages and ratios...in rotisserie or total scoring, you can get buried early in the season in ERA and WHIP. But in head to head, it just starts over every week, so you can be forgiving if some of your pitchers are streaky such as Rich Hill or Zambrano. This way, you won't ever have to "punt" ratios.

Good luck!
viewtopic.php?t=333662
Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember me from such nature films as "Earwigs: Ewwww" and "Man vs. Nature: The Road to Victory."
CineMamet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Beginner's Forum