Members of the Supreme Court play Fantasy Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Members of the Supreme Court play Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Members of the Supreme Court play Fantasy Baseball

Postby neoforce » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:21 pm

Check out http://www.newyorkpersonalinjuryattorne ... ntasy.html Where they talk about how members of the Supreme Court play fantasy baseball!!

This is a law blog, in conjunction with the CDM case going to the court and some justices recusing themselves because they play fanatasy.

Of course, it is all an April fools joke. They even mention the best April fool baseball gag of all time:

While obviously not wanting to be identified here, s/he told me of a trip to Florida two weeks back for an annual spring training vacation with friends and to watch a cousin, Siddhartha Finch, at the New York Mets' spring camp in Port St. Lucie. Over twenty years ago Finch gave up a promising baseball opportunity to pursue a career with the French horn. He is trying to become the first rookie over the age of 50 to break into the big league as part of a book project. Finch, I was told, was then picked up this past weekend by the Alito/Breyer team at their annual draft. He was added to their reserve roster in the event of an injury to a player on the main roster. (Finch will be starting the year at the Mets' Double-A affiliate in Binghamton.)

I'll never forget the original Sid Finch SI article. I was reading it in a doctor waiting room and they had me hook, line and sinker until halfway through I decide to check the date of the SI issue. I flip to the front, read April 1, and then go back to reading. Two more paragraphs and it hits me. I bellow a laugh in front of a crowd of people in this very, very, quiet doctors office. The best baseball gag of all time.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers