Legend of Zelda: The Movie - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Legend of Zelda: The Movie

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Legend of Zelda: The Movie

Postby Amazinz » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:44 pm

Multi-User Dungeon. Old school MMORPG. :-b
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:27 pm

Madison wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
Amazinz wrote:Yeah the Zelda movie is a running joke. It is massively popular on MUDs and MMORPGs. :-)

Looks like I found the person to pass my wizard hat and staff to now that I'm done with them. :-D

Ok, I'm way old for "hardcore gamer" stuff, but I do know that MMORPG is "massive multiplayer online role playing game" (or close to that), but what does MUD stand for? :-?

Multi User Doom? :-b

The original hardcore games. MUDs are why a bunch of people in their 30s and 40s failed school, missed work, etc. Think World of Warcraft with text instead of graphics. I lost close to 4 years of my social life either playing or programming MUDs and had an absolute blast doing it. ;-D

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Madison » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:45 pm

Tavish wrote:The original hardcore games. MUDs are why a bunch of people in their 30s and 40s failed school, missed work, etc. Think World of Warcraft with text instead of graphics. I lost close to 4 years of my social life either playing or programming MUDs and had an absolute blast doing it. ;-D

Thanks guys. ;-D

So the old school D&D that was all text based would qualify as a MUD then? If so, I just might be kinda cool. B-) Well no, probably not. !+) :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Tavish » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:55 pm

Madison wrote:
Tavish wrote:The original hardcore games. MUDs are why a bunch of people in their 30s and 40s failed school, missed work, etc. Think World of Warcraft with text instead of graphics. I lost close to 4 years of my social life either playing or programming MUDs and had an absolute blast doing it. ;-D

Thanks guys. ;-D

So the old school D&D that was all text based would qualify as a MUD then? If so, I just might be kinda cool. B-) Well no, probably not. !+) :-b

MUDs are D&D on the internet. It probably depends on the person to classify it as cool or not, but I will at least say they are a ton of fun if you dig that sort of thing. If nothing else, playing a MUD for an extended period of time will make you a very fast typist. I went from the low 40s in wpm to the upper 60s after playing MUDs for a few months.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Madison » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:59 pm

Tavish wrote:MUDs are D&D on the internet. It probably depends on the person to classify it as cool or not, but I will at least say they are a ton of fun if you dig that sort of thing. If nothing else, playing a MUD for an extended period of time will make you a very fast typist. I went from the low 40s in wpm to the upper 60s after playing MUDs for a few months.

Well I'm probably still not cool, but I did play text based games in my younger years. :-) Also got me an easy "A" in typing in high school. :-D :-b (yes, that was a class we had to take :-o )
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thedude » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:10 am

Zelda does have an imdb page:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1181615/
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby jlm53089 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:57 am

They are trying to make so many movies based on videogames...
Anyone remember Doom? Yea it sucked.
What about SpyHunter? Yea it sucked.

They both have something in common...
The Rock.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby JTWood » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:49 am

Madison wrote:Well I'm probably still not cool, but I did play text based games in my younger years. :-) Also got me an easy "A" in typing in high school. :-D :-b (yes, that was a class we had to take :-o )

I took typing in high school, too. !+)

thedude wrote:Zelda does have an imdb page:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1181615/

Hmm... Link to production company's site. Think they're in on it, too?

Also, I kept reading yesterday about a "fan" movie that's been in production for years. I wonder if the IMDB page isn't actually reserved for that instead. I mean, this isn't that movie, right? Right? :-o
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby talan37 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:27 am

Very campy as pointed out, but it seems like a reasonable amount of money was used to create that trailer, or a lot of a time. Why spend all that time/money just for a prank? That being said, I would probably watch it. The link character seems a little too fluttery looking for my tastes, and Zelda looks a little too old.

I mudded pretty hardcore for many years. 60wpm? Weak:) I was up to about 130wpm when I was really playing, and sit at about 90-110 now depending on the words. I do have a very peculiar typing style because I developed the style to be able to hit certain keys and words very quickly(for mudding) and I type almost entirely with basically 5 fingers.(right pointer, right middle, left pointer, left middle, left ring) I use my other fingers for "special" keys like ctrl-shift-enter and I don't use my thumbs at all(use my right pointer for the space bar)

I type almost entirely by feel and muscle memory, if given a paper sheet of a keyboard I would probably have a hard time telling you which fingers I use for which keys. It works though and I have yet to meet anyone who can actually type faster than I can.
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:30 am

Amazinz wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
Amazinz wrote:Yeah the Zelda movie is a running joke. It is massively popular on MUDs and MMORPGs. :-)

Looks like I found the person to pass my wizard hat and staff to now that I'm done with them. :-D

Pfft. I play meatshields and if I want your wizard cap I will take it with my vorpal sword... :-b

So... how's that hunt for your manxome foe going? :-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk