Xavier Nady - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Xavier Nady

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Xavier Nady

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:09 am

Syfo-Dyas wrote:You just dont get it.
Theres nothing you can prove in ST but that you are bad. If you wanna prove you have to do it in regular season or playoffs. Therefor ST performance means nothing.

Well, I guess that's where we disagree. I always felt ST was very useful for young players to prove themselves and nicked up players to work out the kinks.

Why is Nady blocking Pearce?

Again, the Pirates were actively looking to ship Nady in the offseason, and that's not debatable. Pearce played a lot of RF in ST. Putting those 2 things together, I figured they wanted Pearce to get the RF spot. If you think otherwise, that's fine.

Is RF the only position he can play?
If that so, he must improve.

Pearce's position throughout the minors has always been 1B, but LaRoche has that spot locked up with a hefty contract.

Look, I don't want to argue over stupid things like whether or not ST matters, or whether Nady is blocking Pearce. It doesn't lend anything useful to the thread. It's obvious we have 2 divergent opinions about the situation, and nothing is going to change that. I think Pearce needs to come up, and you think he needs to improve by learning more positions. I'm willing to leave it at that. Anything else is just arguing for the sake of arguing.

But just out of curiosity, would you consider picking Nady up?
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Re: Xavier Nady

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:03 pm

Inukchuk wrote:
Syfo-Dyas wrote:You just dont get it.
Theres nothing you can prove in ST but that you are bad. If you wanna prove you have to do it in regular season or playoffs. Therefor ST performance means nothing.

Well, I guess that's where we disagree. I always felt ST was very useful for young players to prove themselves and nicked up players to work out the kinks.

Why is Nady blocking Pearce?

Again, the Pirates were actively looking to ship Nady in the offseason, and that's not debatable. Pearce played a lot of RF in ST. Putting those 2 things together, I figured they wanted Pearce to get the RF spot. If you think otherwise, that's fine.

Is RF the only position he can play?
If that so, he must improve.

Pearce's position throughout the minors has always been 1B, but LaRoche has that spot locked up with a hefty contract.

Look, I don't want to argue over stupid things like whether or not ST matters, or whether Nady is blocking Pearce. It doesn't lend anything useful to the thread. It's obvious we have 2 divergent opinions about the situation, and nothing is going to change that. I think Pearce needs to come up, and you think he needs to improve by learning more positions. I'm willing to leave it at that. Anything else is just arguing for the sake of arguing.

But just out of curiosity, would you consider picking Nady up?

For a real team, most definitely yes.
For a fantasy team, it depends on the league.
In a 12 team 25 man roster, and 10 team 29 man roster where I play, he is borderline.
But I never owned him, and probably never will.

LaRoche earns $5.0 mill this season, and he is in his second arbitration year, just as Nady.

And what I say that if Pearce would play LF and 1b, he would improve his chances to be in the line up more often. 400+ AB would be easily attainable, and he would be able to prove that he belongs more than the others.
And its not too difficult to learn to play left field if you can play right field, and you dont need to be a great defender to play first base either.
As a matter of fact, I know exactly how difficult it is, cause I played center field and some 2b for 5 years,
and Im coaching right now. 2nd year.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers