Michael Bourn? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Michael Bourn?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Michael Bourn?

Postby Guru22 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:03 pm

What does everyone think of this guy...saw him play for the first time monday night and he looked pretty darn good. He looks like he can steal second everytime he reaches first and looks like he could possibly steal 60 on the year. He went 1 for 3 with a walk (I believe) and made an amazing catch with the bases loaded. He has no power, but I think he could be a nice sleeper this year in roto leagues. What do you all think?
Guru22
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Michael Bourn?

Postby Bwanna » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:17 pm

[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Michael Bourn?

Postby Millhouse » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:19 pm

Guru22 wrote:What does everyone think of this guy...saw him play for the first time monday night and he looked pretty darn good. He looks like he can steal second every time he reaches first and looks like he could possibly steal 60 on the year. He went 1 for 3 with a walk (I believe) and made an amazing catch with the bases loaded. He has no power, but I think he could be a nice sleeper this year in roto leagues. What do you all think?

slap hitter. just incredible speed (which also paid off in the outfield yesterday with that catch), definitely 50 SB potential. had a pretty bad spring overall but HOU seems committed to using him after getting him from PHI in the lidge deal. and the good news is that even if they wanted to platoon him against RHP, they can't because his backup, erstad, also bats LH, so bourn should, if he has games like yesterday -- gets on base, steals, keeps being one of those "disruptive" players -- he should see the majority of playing time in the OF, whether it's vs. LHP or RHP.
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 98)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers