Official "What's Better Than Yahoo?" Thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Official "What's Better Than Yahoo?" Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Official "What's Better Than Yahoo?" Thread

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:32 pm

Indeed, and as for this thread... do you really need it for purposes other than to gripe about yahoo in disguise?

Your other fantasy options:

CBS
Rotowire
ESPN

etc etc
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:35 pm

What would really be awesome is if someone comes up with a migration program so that all the complainers can just move their league to another service in-season. Then we wouldn't have these "Yahoo sucks" threads everywhere.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby higherpie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:42 pm

Yoda wrote:
Fade2White12 wrote:Let me ask, were you a child of the '60s, or at least were your parents? To me, it seems that if the Cafe were a real cafe, you'd be on the corner demonstrating. I get a sense of a "fight the establishment" persona - from this thread and also your signature.

Very Sheehan-esque.

lol he is a rebel without a cause

27 years old, liberal mom, conservative dad, 5'10", 185, degree in business with an entrepreneurship option. Rebel without a cause? Yeah, probably. But mostly, as an employee of an internet start-up that builds web applications, I know how important it is to provide quality products that are intuitive and useful, and I also know how simple it would be for Yahoo to fix the Flash StatTracker ("making it bigger" is, you know, not hard). What irritates me is that I get a sense that Yahoo is doing nothing because of what they perceive as inelastic demand: people will continue paying for their product because they're used to doing it and because there isn't anything better (yet).

And one last thing for the nay-sayers ( ;-) ): would it bother you if Yahoo make the Flash StatTracker easier to use? Would that be a bad thing for you in any way? Then why not push them a little bit? Or at least stay out of the conversation if it's all the same to you.

With that, I'll pipe down, go talk about actual baseball on some other threads, and whatever happens with Yahoo happens.
higherpie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby dbstrat » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:48 pm

I think anybody who would have been advised before paying that the old stattracker no longer works and the new one has never and will never have any updates to make it at least as good as the old one...probably would have passed. I know I would have.

I don't get why anyone would be happy with a replacement tool that is several times less helpful than the one it replaced...but I guess that's why we have opinions.

Anyway, my input here is CBS sucked. Yahoo is easily the best overall, minus the stattracker flaws.

*PS - why Yahoo won't spend an hour of a programmer's time to fix this is beyond me. It has been a complaint since day 1.
dbstrat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ryno23 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:44 pm

dbstrat wrote:I think anybody who would have been advised before paying that the old stattracker no longer works and the new one has never and will never have any updates to make it at least as good as the old one...probably would have passed. I know I would have.

I don't get why anyone would be happy with a replacement tool that is several times less helpful than the one it replaced...but I guess that's why we have opinions.

Anyway, my input here is CBS sucked. Yahoo is easily the best overall, minus the stattracker flaws.

*PS - why Yahoo won't spend an hour of a programmer's time to fix this is beyond me. It has been a complaint since day 1.

Check out the new StatTracker now.
Ryno23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers