Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

First Year Dynasty League...WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

First Year Dynasty League...WHIR

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 pm

This is a ten team standard 5x5 league. I drafted a little heavy on pitching. Still I feel my hitters are capable and most are on the way up.

If you leave a link I will help in return.

My Team:
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -62)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: First Year Dynasty League...WHIR

Postby Cypher74 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:04 pm

Like you said, pitching is great, and you have a lot of good young players for the future. Not certain that offense can win this year though. It's possible, but you need a lot of guys to break out. I would try to swap a couple arms for some more proven bats if possible.

help if you can!

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=332570
Cypher74
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 34)

Postby cubs2238 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:39 am

I completely agree with the above statement. You are going to have a great pitching staff for many years but if you want to win now I would try to move one or two arms for some proven bats that still have some years left in front of them. I do like some pieces to the offense but again maybe just one or two big bats would help you to compete this year and not hurt you in the long run.

Thanks for the help on my issue as well.
cubs2238
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

Postby jason128 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:37 pm

I like your team alot. I would say I think you have too many young guys. By young, I mean under 26 or so. Even though its a dynasy league, i like to mix in some 28-32 year old guys. These players will still be good for 5-7 years depending and it will give you more predictable results. I currently play 4 keeper or dynasty leagues and have been playing for a while and while I am like you, I love having most of those names on my roster, I just dont know if i would want all of them on the same one. Its good to mix in a carlos lee, lance berkman, david ortiz, etc (players who are first 3 round or so talent but a couple years older). I think this mix works out the best. thats just my thought.
thanks for your help on my post
jason128
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kaiser » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:35 pm

I think you've done a great job of combining strong picthing now, with a nice mix of vets and up-and-comers for the future in your offense. This team will probably not win your league this year, but you have the nucleus of a great team here.

Thanks for your help.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 176)

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:46 pm

Please forgive me ignorance...but how many do you keep? Or do you keep everyone? I'd definitely look to move a pitcher or two to upgrade your SS, but besides that..nice team!

Thanks 4 the help on mine.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:56 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:Please forgive me ignorance...but how many do you keep? Or do you keep everyone? I'd definitely look to move a pitcher or two to upgrade your SS, but besides that..nice team!

Thanks 4 the help on mine.

In a dynasty league you can keep everyone. I could keep everyone and not draft at all next year, or I could cut a few players and fill those spots with new additions. Typically you keep all except a couple of players.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -62)

Postby kingmike74 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:39 pm

Thx for the FA help man.

First off, marvelous job on the pitching, not much needs to be said there.

The offense looks solid for a 5x5 league but I think you will need a bit more power. You have alot of guys with upside so things may work out I would would be looking to add another big power bat by May or June. You have alot of guys to work with so a 2 for 1 should work sometime.

8/10 overall
"I can't wait to put the uniform on each day" ~ Bobby Cox
kingmike74
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 52)

Postby CrashDavisAllStars » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:16 am

First of all, thanks for the help with mine....As for yours, I'm not sure I can add a whole lot more than what has already been said...Overall: ;-D ...nice mix of young talent and established talent...I would like to see an improvement at SS and a bigger arm in your starting rotation...besides that, I think you are good to go...
CrashDavisAllStars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby osu99 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:41 pm

CrashDavisAllStars wrote:First of all, thanks for the help with mine....As for yours, I'm not sure I can add a whole lot more than what has already been said...Overall: ;-D ...nice mix of young talent and established talent...I would like to see an improvement at SS and a bigger arm in your starting rotation...besides that, I think you are good to go...

my sentiments exactly...
osu99 Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team