Thoughts on Beltran, Beltre - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Thoughts on Beltran, Beltre

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Decack » Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:42 pm

In reverse order of outfielders to take before Beltran: Ramirez, Giles, Abreu, Ordonez, S. Green, Berkman, Sosa, Guerrero and Bonds. That being said Beltran is also a stud outfielder and part of the reason that I rank him lower is because he can be had a little later due to the lack of respect for him.
She turned me into a newt...........................
Decack
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jwhands » Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:04 am

Just out of curiosity, but why are you banking on Beltran tearing it up again after just ONE season of good #'s???? Just 2 years ago, this guy was viewed as the biggest bust of the century. I don't see him being close to 30/30. He could be 20/20 if he's lucky.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:27 am

ScurvyDog wrote:
Beltre should stop getting respect - the kid just hasn't gotten it going. Granted he is young, but I'm passing here.

Say it ain't so DOG? People expect too much from kids, and when they dont pul a Pujols by age 25, everyone says bust. Beltres only 24, pre peak years. 20 hrs, 85 rbis in Dodger Stadium not bad at age 21. You have to remember, most 21 year old are in A ball. Beltre will be top 7 3b this year. If he was in a better park, he would be top 5 easy.

home 225 7 hrs 26 rbis
road 285 14 hrs 49 rbis
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Oat Soda » Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:28 am

Hands, you're obviously following my strategy on another thread of trying to throw off your competitors. I don't think I agree with Benny's RBI total, but to me there's no reason not to think the rest is a solid bet.
Oat Soda
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:36 am

jwhands wrote:Just out of curiosity, but why are you banking on Beltran tearing it up again after just ONE season of good #'s???? Just 2 years ago, this guy was viewed as the biggest bust of the century. I don't see him being close to 30/30. He could be 20/20 if he's lucky.

A bust? 2 years ago, Beltran was 23, and went 24/31 earning $34. He earned $34 last year too. In fact, 2 years ago his ops was better then last year, 874 to 847. No clue where you get this 1 year wonder theory?
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby jwhands » Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:18 am

I apologize. It was actually 3 seasons ago where he was almost out of baseball. He will be an everyday player, but I don't see 30/30 in his future. I see a huge slide for him.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby stevelabny » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:28 am

3 season ago he was young prospect. he wasnt going to be out of baseball.
last year wasnt his first good season.
if i remember correctly he was decent 4 years ago, a letdown 3 years ago, nothing special 1st half, great 2nd half two years ago, and great all year last year.
this is the career-track of a guy who is getting BETTER. started good, regressed, adjusted and came out better.

plus, he's a FIVE CATEGORY PLAYER. i can not stress how important FIVE cat players are in a 5x5 league.
soriano, beltran and vernon wells matching last years stats will give you 90 hrs and 90 steals. if u get guys who hit hrs and get steals, you avoid drafting sucky MI like castillo or worse and paying just for steals. instead you draft guys more power/rbi guys and easily win every offensive category.
stevelabny
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers