Postby trey3kt » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:17 am

I like that idea alot Havok
trey3kt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo DL?

Postby EugeneStyles » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:29 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:There is definitely a confusing situation where if you edit a future lineup, then put someone on your DL today, it already has a saved lineup for tomorrow where he isn't on the DL, so when tomorrow comes you'll find he was moved back out of the DL. Stuff like that. I know another guy here had worked up a fix for that, treating the DL slots as special. I'm not sure if that ever made it live. I'll check with him.

Yeah, most of the time when I try to stick a guy on DL and it doesn't "stick", it's because of this (well, actually, every time I've had that problem it's because of this). To maybe clarify a little more, say you edit your lineup for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Then on Tuesday, a guy gets put on the DL, so you move him to the DL on Tuesday. Well, Yahoo knows that you already edited your Wednesday lineup and saved the changes, and it doesn't want to override what you told it to do, so on Wednesday, the guy will be off the DL, just like he was when you edited your Wednesday lineup. So to get him to stick, you need to put him on the DL for Tuesday and for Wednesday.

As for days further in the future, I'm not sure how that works, but it appears to me that as long as you DL a guy for 2 straight days, he'll be on the DL in all future lineups. I think.
(taps little picture of a microphone)... is this thing on?
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Re: Yahoo DL?

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:07 pm

EugeneStyles wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:There is definitely a confusing situation where if you edit a future lineup, then put someone on your DL today, it already has a saved lineup for tomorrow where he isn't on the DL, so when tomorrow comes you'll find he was moved back out of the DL. Stuff like that. I know another guy here had worked up a fix for that, treating the DL slots as special. I'm not sure if that ever made it live. I'll check with him.

Yeah, most of the time when I try to stick a guy on DL and it doesn't "stick", it's because of this (well, actually, every time I've had that problem it's because of this). To maybe clarify a little more, say you edit your lineup for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Then on Tuesday, a guy gets put on the DL, so you move him to the DL on Tuesday. Well, Yahoo knows that you already edited your Wednesday lineup and saved the changes, and it doesn't want to override what you told it to do, so on Wednesday, the guy will be off the DL, just like he was when you edited your Wednesday lineup. So to get him to stick, you need to put him on the DL for Tuesday and for Wednesday.

As for days further in the future, I'm not sure how that works, but it appears to me that as long as you DL a guy for 2 straight days, he'll be on the DL in all future lineups. I think.

That's not strictly true either, I'm afraid. It is indeed confusing, and would be hard to even describe all the odd cases. The fix in question pretty much says, "If you put a guy on the DL, I'll do whatever I can to keep him there until something else forces the issue." I checked in on that fix, and the guy who did it hasn't pushed it live yet because he had one or two more concerns he wanted to clear up first. It is confusing now, but confusing is better than ruining lineups or something, so better safe than sorry.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 63)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers