Anybody see the matchup ratings on Yahoo? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anybody see the matchup ratings on Yahoo?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anybody see the matchup ratings on Yahoo?

Postby J.C.Fighter » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:07 pm

GO to my team --> Research --> matchup ratings

James Loney doesn't look like a home run play today. He has 2 out of 5 stars.Has 0 hits in 9 ABs against Zito since last year.
Josh Hamilton also has 2 out of 5 stars. Reached base just 4 times in 14 ABs (.286 On Base Average) against other top-tier, left-handed pitchers since last year.

!+) !+)
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Anybody see the matchup ratings on Yahoo?

Postby Archduke Chocula » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:47 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:GO to my team --> Research --> matchup ratings

James Loney doesn't look like a home run play today. He has 2 out of 5 stars.Has 0 hits in 9 ABs against Zito since last year.
Josh Hamilton also has 2 out of 5 stars. Reached base just 4 times in 14 ABs (.286 On Base Average) against other top-tier, left-handed pitchers since last year.

!+) !+)

Yeah, I love it. I was nervous about starting Hanley against Johan (my general rule is to bench hitters against Santana all season), but Hanley owns elite lefties in a small 14 AB sample size.
Don't tase me, bro.
Archduke Chocula
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Archduke Chocula » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:34 am

(Well-Hit Average of .048 in 21 ABs vs. dominant changeup righties since last year.)

They are talking about Ian Kennedy... :-?
Don't tase me, bro.
Archduke Chocula
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:10 pm

right now, although no games started for today, they have already moved on for tomorrow's matchups. (i guess it moves to next day at midnight?)

they should've kept today's matchups (same day) and then also have tomorrow's matchups. not everyone sets their lineup on the previous day and a lot of us tinker with the lineups on gameday. show us today and tomorrow instead of just tomorrow and this might become more useful.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:24 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:right now, although no games started for today, they have already moved on for tomorrow's matchups. (i guess it moves to next day at midnight?)

they should've kept today's matchups (same day) and then also have tomorrow's matchups. not everyone sets their lineup on the previous day and a lot of us tinker with the lineups on gameday. show us today and tomorrow instead of just tomorrow and this might become more useful.

Well, the thing I'm taking away from this is that we could be more clear about what you're seeing, especially since it doesn't seem like we're letting you see matchup data for multiple days, but I don't think what you're describing is correct. If I look at my matchups for today, and look at Paul LoDuca (yes, he's my catcher...), I see that he has a batting average of .300 vs. Olsen since last year. And Scott Olsen is pitching today, Wednesday, not tomorrow.

Which player/info made you say we had moved on to tomorrow?
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby foeplay » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:52 pm

Click on thursday then go to matchups and it will show you the rankings for thursday's matchups. It only shows rankings for current day and following day.
foeplay
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:06 pm

foeplay wrote:Click on thursday then go to matchups and it will show you the rankings for thursday's matchups. It only shows rankings for current day and following day.

How odd. That's what I thought we did, so I actually tried that in trying to confirm the report here, and could have sworn I got the same research note for both days, which I thought was unfortunate. But yeah... you can see reports for today and tomorrow. I'd rather that I'm a dope who can't read than that we are doing this wrong :-D
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:27 pm

matchup rating, not favorable matchups btw.

matchup rating shows tomorrow's date, favorable matchups show today's date.

imo, it'd be nice if both show today and tomorrow. ;-D
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:53 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:matchup rating, not favorable matchups btw.

matchup rating shows tomorrow's date, favorable matchups show today's date.

imo, it'd be nice if both show today and tomorrow. ;-D

I'm still not getting it. I just double checked, and my Matchup Rating for Paul LoDoca definitely references the pitcher he's facing today. If I click on Thursday and then view the Matchup Rating, I get different data for LoDoca. So which player/data are you seeing that is making you think we aren't showing Matchup Ratings for today?

EDIT: Oh! Think I got it. Are you getting to the matchup ratings via News & Expert Advice -> Matchup Ratings? For that, yes, we appear to be showing tomorrow, but at least nicely labelling it as such. I was navigating through my own team, looking at Matchup Ratings via my team -> Research -> Matchup Ratings.

As for the matchup ratings on the News and Expert Advice page, I know there is already a bug filed to say that data is not easily navigated, sorted, filtered, etc. Hopefully we'll be able to improve that.
Last edited by Fantasy Sports Genie on Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:54 pm

Can you filter matchup ratings just to show probable starters for tomorrow?
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers