MLB.TV Not Working as Usual - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB.TV Not Working as Usual

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: MLB.TV Not Working as Usual

Postby acsguitar » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:21 am

wrightinflight wrote:does anyone else have a problem with the stream? ill be able to watch for like 5 minutes but the stream keeps getting cut off and its really annoying. mlbtv is a mess atm :-t

I am having the same problem...I'm like wow looks decent I guess I won't cancel then 5 minutes later the feed dies and sits on "buffering" for eternity
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:33 am

My 1 machine can use MPC BTW to capture the games. Seems that K-Lite codec pack mega version works
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby acsguitar » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:34 pm

If you use Media PLayer Classic and download the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack you can capture the 800k feeds (which actually work) with mediaplayer connectivity in firefox then use Number Pad 6 to stretch 4:3 games to widescreen.

Basically looks like widescreen via standard def TV so pretty good
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Adventuresofgabe » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:27 am

They dont have tech support! I can run Mosaic (in all its shitty glory) on my Mac, but it wont connect through my PC (Which is the one i hook up to the TV. I call customer service and their solution is to run me through a checklist to see if i installed silverlight and mosaic. Thats about all they could do for me, and tell me their techs are working on it. I insisted on telling them the problem was on my end and i needed someone to tell me why or what settings i should change and they had no idea. I dont have a firewall and it keeps giving me a message that its being blocked by a firewall. I was supposed to get a call back from a tech support guy within 24 hours and its been over 48 and nothing yet.
WHAT CRAP. If i wasnt in school all day id cancel the service and buy the direct tv package.
Adventuresofgabe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:36 am

Adventuresofgabe wrote:They dont have tech support! I can run Mosaic (in all its shitty glory) on my Mac, but it wont connect through my PC (Which is the one i hook up to the TV. I call customer service and their solution is to run me through a checklist to see if i installed silverlight and mosaic. Thats about all they could do for me, and tell me their techs are working on it. I insisted on telling them the problem was on my end and i needed someone to tell me why or what settings i should change and they had no idea. I dont have a firewall and it keeps giving me a message that its being blocked by a firewall. I was supposed to get a call back from a tech support guy within 24 hours and its been over 48 and nothing yet.
WHAT CRAP. If i wasnt in school all day id cancel the service and buy the direct tv package.

You should get the Gameday Audio, it works well.
I think the key to any mlb.com products is DON'T install silverlight.
I read in here that it is retarded, so just used the normal mlb player and it was fine. ;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby acsguitar » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:08 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
Adventuresofgabe wrote:They dont have tech support! I can run Mosaic (in all its shitty glory) on my Mac, but it wont connect through my PC (Which is the one i hook up to the TV. I call customer service and their solution is to run me through a checklist to see if i installed silverlight and mosaic. Thats about all they could do for me, and tell me their techs are working on it. I insisted on telling them the problem was on my end and i needed someone to tell me why or what settings i should change and they had no idea. I dont have a firewall and it keeps giving me a message that its being blocked by a firewall. I was supposed to get a call back from a tech support guy within 24 hours and its been over 48 and nothing yet.

You should get the Gameday Audio, it works well.
I think the key to any mlb.com products is DON'T install silverlight.
I read in here that it is retarded, so just used the normal mlb player and it was fine. ;-D

yea Silverlight sucks. I used 800k WMP feed yesterday and directed it to Media Player Classic. Then stretched it to 16:9 and it looked amazing.

Truthfully I'm glad VLC doesn't work with it anymore because MPC is awesome for stretching to widescreen.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby fantasyfiend » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:53 pm

Can't use MOSIAC period. 1.2 feed doesn't seem any different than 800 feed. And today the games won't load (in both IE & Firefox)

lol
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby ScarletP » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:42 am

For those of you still having problems getting mlb.tv to run with firefox, you may have the same problem I did (with probably the most obvious solution). Chances are that most of you using firefox are also using the adblock add-on. Make sure that you disable adblock on mlb.com. Works fine for me now.
ScarletP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers