BERNIE TO MISS GAMES? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

BERNIE TO MISS GAMES?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

BERNIE TO MISS GAMES?

Postby bsblallstr » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:16 pm

is bernie williams gonna miss a lot of games because the yanks now have lofton to play center, i heard he was gonna DH, but i also hear that giambi will DH a lot and when giambi DH's bernie will be out of luck. what is the true story, is bernie actually gonna miss games from this situation
Reyes and guerrero, the two most blessed players in the league, not to mention the most fun to watch
bsblallstr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:18 pm

Torre is going to give Bernie every oppurtunity to earn back his CF rights and in a recent interview George said Bernie is the CF.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

2 cents

Postby Spokes » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:28 pm

Once the Yanks sign Travis Lee (they know Giambi can't play first...bad defensively and you know he is going to get hurt), I say Lofton is the odd-man out with Lee at first, Giambi at DH and Bernie playing the majority of games at CF, with Lofton maybe starting 1-2 games a week.
The best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw you should watch your mouth...'cause I'll break yo face."
Spokes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bsblallstr » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:20 pm

does everyone else have the opinion that lofton will start 1-2 a week, and if so, does bernie sit those games or is it travis lee who sits those games will giambi plays 1B for 1 or 2 games and bernie DH's
Reyes and guerrero, the two most blessed players in the league, not to mention the most fun to watch
bsblallstr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Spokes » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:26 pm

Bernie will sit those games. Giambi's bat is more-needed than his and I really don't want Jason playing the field.
The best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw you should watch your mouth...'cause I'll break yo face."
Spokes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bsblallstr » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:34 pm

so you would rather have bernie on the bench that giambi in the field, that makes no sense, giambi plays 1 or 2 games in the field a week, not a big deal, and travis lee hits instead of bernie, so what you are saying is that without injuries travis lee will play close to all the games
bsblallstr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dude86 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:35 pm

I thought Tony Clark was Giambi's backup?
Dude86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Spokes » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:03 pm

Yeah, Clark is Giambi's back up right now, but the team is still in heavy negotiation with Lee and I would think that they would rather have him than the chronically injured Clark.
And, to clear everything up, if there are 4 men to play 3 positions, I would like to see Bernie in CF, Giambi at DH and Lee at 1B. For 1 or 2 games a week, now, you are probably right that Giambi will play the field and Bernie will DH with Lofton at CF and Lee on the bench, but I really fear Giambi playing at first at all.
Spokes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kentx12 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:47 pm

I may be wrong but i just dont see how Lofton will be a starter and Williams not. I believe Williams will get the CF job.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby wrveres » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:51 pm

Who is going to bat leadoff.. ??
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers