MLB.COM "NExDef" = Fail as usual - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB.COM "NExDef" = Fail as usual

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MLB.COM "NExDef" = Fail as usual

Postby acsguitar » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:46 pm

So anyone else excited about downloading the "NEXDEF" plugin for MLB.COM Premium subscribers only to have it not work. Seriously for the ammount of money MLB has they suck horribly at creating a good streaming product.

It doesn't work at all and yet they are pimping it on their webiste. weak
Last edited by acsguitar on Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: MLB.COM "NExDef" Scam

Postby fantasyfiend » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:54 pm

I can't even get their old stuff to work sometimes. Its either hit or miss with MLB.tv. Sometimes the streaming video kicks on sometimes it doesn't. I pay $120/year
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Re: MLB.COM "NExDef" Scam

Postby acsguitar » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:02 am

fantasyfiend wrote:I can't even get their old stuff to work sometimes. Its either hit or miss with MLB.tv. Sometimes the streaming video kicks on sometimes it doesn't. I pay $120/year

Its absolutely rediculous.

As a computer guy this is what I've notcied from MLB.COM over the last few years

1. They don't beta test. They released Mosaic with more bugs then any program I've ever used and then used their paying subscribers as beta testers. As of late last year it still sucked.
2. This NEXDEF which they are totally pimping on their website as the greatest thing ever totally doesn't work. Just gives you an error screen
3. If you close the "NEXDEF" icon in your taskbar, which is actually a program called AUTOBAHN, then MLB.COM thinks its not installed anymore. Not a problem right just start the program again. Oh you can't because their is no programs file entry. (Sure there is an .exe somewhere but who wants to dig for that)
4. MLB.COM's "Better Picture/Bit Rates" all look the freaking same. Seriously 400k and 800k look the same and I assume 1200 will as well. Can't they put out a bigger bit rate I mean my newsgroup servers put out like 20 megs down!. 1.2 is pretty weak in 2008.

Anyways I'm ticked this is just like last year only another lame product. And whats this stupid "SILVERLIGHT" Player. Woo it's the same as WMP only I can't open the stream in VLC.

Weak x's 10000000
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Re: MLB.COM "NExDef" = Fail as usual

Postby fantasyfiend » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:14 am

I share your frustration.
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby wisebri » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:11 pm

I wanted to test it out yesterday with the 1.2M feed to see if I wanted to shell out the $120 for the year. I could only get the 400k feed to work, even after downloading all of their players. I e-mail them and am told if its not fixed in 24 hours to let them know.......um.....it was only free to try yesterday guys. Their moderator on the message boards for mlb even said 1.2 wouldn't be available until Tuesday, even though the website said you could watch it in 1.2M yesterday for the preview. What scam artists and what a joke!
wisebri
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jullivia » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:50 pm

I have a cure. Download Mozilla Firefox. Make sure that you do not make Firefox your default web browser in the download section. After you do that, in your start menu on all programs, go to Firefox and go into Firefox in safe mode. Do all of this with your browser opened. Then go to the mlb.com download center to install nexdef. When all is done, go to a game to make sure it works. If it does, then uninstall Firefox because I've heard that it is a virus and worm magnet, so do that right away. I hope this helps someone as frustrated as I was. It took me two days to figure it out
jullivia
T-Ball Trainer

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:37 pm

jullivia wrote:I have a cure. Download Mozilla Firefox. Make sure that you do not make Firefox your default web browser in the download section. After you do that, in your start menu on all programs, go to Firefox and go into Firefox in safe mode. Do all of this with your browser opened. Then go to the mlb.com download center to install nexdef. When all is done, go to a game to make sure it works. If it does, then uninstall Firefox because I've heard that it is a virus and worm magnet, so do that right away. I hope this helps someone as frustrated as I was. It took me two days to figure it out

Firefox a "virus and worm magnet"

Is this guy a forum plant working for Microsoft or something? :-b
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby 405z06 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:39 pm

Premium member here and no problems at home or work. I use Firefox, but also works fine in IE. This year looks so much better than anything they have had in the past. I wish you could re-size the HD feed window (now it's either ~ 1/4 screen or full screen mode). Other than that I am thrilled with it. I pulled a 32" LCD from my room and ran VGA into it a game feed the other night and was astounded how good it looked. Now I am going to get a long VGA cord so I can run it into my bedroom when there is a game I really want to see on the 32".

There were some problems opening day, but they seem to have fixed them.
+
405z06
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers