Draft Prior #2 overall - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Draft Prior #2 overall

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bsblallstr » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:54 pm

try to trade your pick to #3, but if not, i think that prior is still improving, he could lower his pitch count, learn how to do that and get more innings, but i think that pujols is maxed out, he wont get much better.
Reyes and guerrero, the two most blessed players in the league, not to mention the most fun to watch
bsblallstr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jpgretzky15 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:18 pm

Thanks for the advice...I also love Pujols, I just value pitching much more in today's game.

I might be able to get the guy at #6 to trade with me...I don't know if Prior will stick around that long...
Let's Go Yankees!
jpgretzky15
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:15 pm

jpgretzky15 wrote:I might be able to get the guy at #6 to trade with me...I don't know if Prior will stick around that long...

If you are set on taking Prior...this is what I would do...most drafts have him going between 6-8....but honestly, I would rather have Pujols than Prior.... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby drunkenmonkey » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:25 pm

My opinion, and I know a lot of people would disagree, but NEVER take a pitcher in the first round. Injuries are much more common from pitchers and it greatly increases the chance of blowing your first round pick when you take one. Pujols is better than the dropoff after him, he's tough and plays through small injuries, and he's consistent as hell and getting better(not to mention multiple position eligibility).

If you really want Prior, draft Pujols and then offer to trade him for Prior and another position player. If I were the owner, I'd jump at that trade offer.
It's time to roll the dice.
drunkenmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Erboes » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:17 pm

I'd take Pujols two as well, but I don't think it's crazy to take Prior either. He's really, really, close to being the best in baseball regardless of position. That's just my opinion though.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hooligan1 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:50 am

I agree with Erboes. I probably take Pujols there, but it certainly isn't crazy to think about Prior at that spot. Even a slight faltering by Rodriguez and Pujols and he is the #1 player in fantasy baseball....!
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby jpgretzky15 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:14 pm

The #4 guy agreed to trade with me...im gonna wait to hear from the #6 though.
Let's Go Yankees!
jpgretzky15
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jpgretzky15 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:11 pm

OK now how about this dilemma...If I get the 4, and say it goes Arod Pujols Sori 1-2-3...do I take Prior or Vlad?? Only reason why not Vlad is his back, but I dont think its a problem.
Let's Go Yankees!
jpgretzky15
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Erboes » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:15 pm

jpgretzky15 wrote:OK now how about this dilemma...If I get the 4, and say it goes Arod Pujols Sori 1-2-3...do I take Prior or Vlad?? Only reason why not Vlad is his back, but I dont think its a problem.

I got the 3rd pick in the Cafe Challenge and have decided to take Prior there. I thought long and hard between him and Guerrero, but I decided to go with Prior and load up on OF's in the 3-5 rounds. Great value there in Berkman, Abreu, Crawford, Green, C. Jones. I could live with any of those three guys. Then, of course, L. Walker later in the draft.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:44 pm

jpgretzky15 wrote:OK now how about this dilemma...If I get the 4, and say it goes Arod Pujols Sori 1-2-3...do I take Prior or Vlad?? Only reason why not Vlad is his back, but I dont think its a problem.

If you're gonna drop down to take Prior, then do that. If you're still not gonna take Prior, then just stay where you are and take Pujols. FYI.......SP is very deep this year.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers