Lackey/Kazmir - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Lackey/Kazmir

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Lackey/Kazmir

Postby Yoda » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:17 am

stevekahuda wrote:Whenever a Phillies pitcher has a sore elbow, its been code for TJ sugery. This is almost without exception over the last 25 years I've followed the team. So, I'm conditioned to associate an elbow injury with impending surgery. Harden also felt great. I don't trust the Rays any more than I trust the Blue Jays when it comes to injury reports and press releases. They are one of the least transparent organizations.

You are all over the place so at this point I am going to bow out of this debate. You keep bringing up Harden yet he never had TJ.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stevekahuda » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:38 pm

For a guy with 13000 posts i would think you would make more sense. how hard is this to understand. Pitchers who have hurt their elbows (i.e. Kazmir) are more likely to take a long time to recover than pitchers who have a muscle pull (i.e. Lackey). Harden barely pitched last year with his elbow injury, so even though he didn't have TJ, he was borderline useless from a fantasy perspective. Now, Kazmir may come back earlier, but I wouldn't bet on it. You really should take a course in logic.
stevekahuda
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:02 am

stevekahuda wrote:For a guy with 13000 posts i would think you would make more sense. how hard is this to understand. Pitchers who have hurt their elbows (i.e. Kazmir) are more likely to take a long time to recover than pitchers who have a muscle pull (i.e. Lackey). Harden barely pitched last year with his elbow injury, so even though he didn't have TJ, he was borderline useless from a fantasy perspective. Now, Kazmir may come back earlier, but I wouldn't bet on it. You really should take a course in logic.

I love it when people who have no clue resort to personal attacks. You are still 100% wrong and yet you continue to show your ignorance.

Harden had a shoulder injury in 07 not elbow. Evidence here:
http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpage ... LB&id=3719

Kaz threw off the mound on Sunday with no set backs since he initially felt a twinge in his elbow:
Mar 31 LHP Scott Kazmir, recovering from a left elbow strain, threw well Sunday in his first session off a mound since March 13. Kazmir, who was first hurt Feb. 26, is on a program that, with no setbacks, could have him back in the big leagues around the last week of April or possibly a little before

Mar 31 Rays.MLB.com's Bill Chastain reports Tampa Bay Rays SP Scott Kazmir (elbow) had a good bullpen session Sunday, Match 30. He threw 37 pitches, all of which were fastballs. Kazmir needs to get stretched out to be able to throw 90 pitches before he can rejoin the team.

Lackey initially had a sore elbow and then injured his triceps while trying to rehab:
http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpage ... LB&id=3492

So before you spout off again, please do some homework.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby hscsoph » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:29 pm

Since I own both of these guys, I just hope they come back soon which will hopefully end this debate!
Montero MigCab Beckham Andrus Sandoval Lind J Upton Ellsbury Braun Markakis Willingham B Roberts B Anderson Ubaldo "no hit" Jimenez Nolasco F Cordero Rodney Morales Baker Matusz Lilly Marcum Scherzer Romero Porcello
hscsoph
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MendozaLineup » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:01 pm

I know it's just the throwing program, but nonetheless good news for Lackey owners:

http://www.rotowire.com/roto_to_gnews.h ... &sport=mlb

Meanwhile, since both Lackey and Kazmir have been slipping, they've made excellent keeper picks....getting Lackey in the 14th round is well worth the gamble.
MendozaLineup
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates