CBS Sports vs Yahoo Plus Roto Lineups - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

CBS Sports vs Yahoo Plus Roto Lineups

CBS Sports vs Yahoo Plus Roto Lineups

Postby CubsRefugee » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:12 pm

I am setting my first CBS Sports standard roto lineup. I may be confused because my past experience is only with Yahoo Plus roto.

For CBS Sports standard roto: The maximum roster size is 24--22 active and 2 reserve or DL. It appears the only flexibility you have to set a legal lineup is to identify two reserve players to sit out. So you are always scoring 22 of your players, assuming a full roster.

For Yahoo Plus standard roto: The maximum roster (excluding a DL) was 21 including 5 Bench. So you are always scoring only 16 of your players, assuming a full roster.

If this is correct, CBS Sports' approach forces a lot more roster changes thru trades, drops, adds or running with a reduced roster size of just the best players. Are the leagues that different, or am I missing something?
Yogi: Our game yesterday was interrupted by three streakers. Acquaintance: Were they male or female? Yogi: I don't know, they had bags over their heads. (True story)
CubsRefugee Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Beginner's Forum