What's up with Freddy Sanchez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

What's up with Freddy Sanchez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's up with Freddy Sanchez

Postby kemper5 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:04 pm

Im going to have to wait until the last minute to see if he even plays opening day or goes on the DL.. Once again today, he's not in the lineup. Ive read he's taken grounders, swung the bat a bit and played a few innings in a minor league game, but left after a few innings. Anyone know anything else, will he start opening day?
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: What's up with Freddy Sanchez

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:25 pm

rotoworld wrote:Freddy Sanchez played four innings in a minor league game on Thursday.

He only played four innings due to a personal commitment, not because of the shoulder pain that has kept him out for the past week. He was able to make a diving stop and the day "went without incident" said GM Neal Huntington. Sanchez could be used as a pinch hitter to begin the season.

Sounds like might not be full time for the first week or two but he isn't going to go on the DL.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mak1277 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:36 pm

Pirates have released/demoted all 2b's except for Sanchez and Luis Rivas. It's extremely unlikely that Freddy will open the season on the DL, but his appearances will likely be limited during the first week or so.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Tommy John » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 am

What is up with Freddy Sanchez?

I bumped a post in leftovers as well.

Sanchez has been very solid is the second half since getting regular playing time in '05. Does anyone have any insight on whether Freddy is injured, or whether he is just playing poorly. Rotoworld mentioned that his shoulder may be of some concern. His average is a brutal .226 right now and he has been dropped in my 16 team keeper league. Could use that kind of average and rbi production in the second half. Any thoughts?

Second half numbers:
'05 - .306 4/20/2 (HR/RBI/SB)
'06 - .329 1/36/2
'07 - .313 9/49/0
Tommy John
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deutschland » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:07 pm

Tommy John wrote:What is up with Freddy Sanchez?

I bumped a post in leftovers as well.

Sanchez has been very solid is the second half since getting regular playing time in '05. Does anyone have any insight on whether Freddy is injured, or whether he is just playing poorly. Rotoworld mentioned that his shoulder may be of some concern. His average is a brutal .226 right now and he has been dropped in my 16 team keeper league. Could use that kind of average and rbi production in the second half. Any thoughts?

Second half numbers:
'05 - .306 4/20/2 (HR/RBI/SB)
'06 - .329 1/36/2
'07 - .313 9/49/0

The problem here is that Sanchez' first half BA hasn't been drastically different from his 2nd half the past 3 years.

First half numbers:
'05 - .271 1/15/0
'06 - .358 5/49/1
'07 - .296 2/32/0

Never before has he had a batting average as dreadful as the .226 he's stuck at right now, so my guess is something isn't right with him and at this point I wouldn't expect a big 2nd half turnaround.
deutschland
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates