Matt Kemp (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Matt Kemp (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Matt Kemp (Merged)

Postby Danger » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:56 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
rookies and cream wrote:Matt Kemp batting 8th tonight.

So far this year he has hit in every line-up spot except 1st or 4th. However, he has not had more than 5 games played or 20 AB's at any spot. All this switching around can't be good for either him or the Dodgers...

i bet you could say that for loney, ethier, martin, and jones as well....i dont know what torre is trying to do, but hes eventually going to run out of combinations and have to settle on something right?

He's gonna out do TLR and bat his pitcher cleanup.
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ChipaDub » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:43 am

Noggy wrote:
rookies and cream wrote:Matt Kemp batting 8th tonight.

Meh, Torre's had MUCH better batters hit 8th before.

This is the most prudent post I've seen in this thread lately. As far as playing Juan Pierre, everyone wanting to Pub the perception of hits, average, AB, lack of SO and contact rate has played him more than they should have when trying to trade him. The best the Dodgers can do is catch him in a hot streak and deal him for decent value.
ChipaDub
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby chipper » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:28 pm

Anyone notice how Torre's lineups have been all over the place?

I can understand new manager trying to figure out what order he likes best, but they rarely have the same one out there twice, and guys like Etheir, Loney have been everywhere from 3rd to 7th, regardless of Lefty/Righty pitchers.
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:57 pm

chipper wrote:Anyone notice how Torre's lineups have been all over the place?

I can understand new manager trying to figure out what order he likes best, but they rarely have the same one out there twice, and guys like Etheir, Loney have been everywhere from 3rd to 7th, regardless of Lefty/Righty pitchers.

I'm surprised Joe is still doing this deep into April, not so much surprised by the shuffling. Coming into the year (and in the last couple of years in fact), I don't think you had a situation where certain hitters fell into definitive roles. There hasn't been a balance towards that hitting talent completely maturing combined with a good marriage between the aging star hitters. Routine is perhaps the best way of getting consistency, but this wasn't a lineup that fared well under Grady Little either with not as much shuffling as Torre's doing.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers