Hey, anyone got cheatsheets handy for this season? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hey, anyone got cheatsheets handy for this season?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mkooljr1 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:36 pm

Well the cheat sheets would be a lot more helpful if people ranked the same players. Having only 4 people rank Jose Reyes as a 2nd baseman is pointless. He doesn't even qualify there right now, so no one should have ranked him. But since some did, now it looks like he's worse than Roberto Alomar since Reyes got some 0's from people who correctly didn't rank him. This leads to very inaccurate lists. Kaz Matsui, who i've mentioned in another thread, and Jimmy Rollins are more examples of players not everyone ranked. These aren't bottom tier guys that people might just choose not to rank coz they aren't good enough. How about Shawn Green, Carl Crawford, Luis Gonzalez, Corey Patterson, Baldelli, Juan Gonzalez, Austin Kearns, and Cliff Floyd??? How could someone not rank them? If they had been forgotten, surely it would make sense to go back and have the people who didn't rank them actually do so to make the rankings a little more accurate. And on the starting pitching side, guys like Johan Santana (!!!!), Maddux, Clement, and Pineiro somehow weren't ranked by everyone. I suggest fixing these rankings by having everyone go back to rank the middle to top tier players that they didn't rank, and THEN these rankings might be helpful. Just some advice
mkooljr1
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tlef316 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:13 pm

mkooljr1 wrote:Well the cheat sheets would be a lot more helpful if people ranked the same players. Having only 4 people rank Jose Reyes as a 2nd baseman is pointless. He doesn't even qualify there right now, so no one should have ranked him. But since some did, now it looks like he's worse than Roberto Alomar since Reyes got some 0's from people who correctly didn't rank him. This leads to very inaccurate lists. Kaz Matsui, who i've mentioned in another thread, and Jimmy Rollins are more examples of players not everyone ranked. These aren't bottom tier guys that people might just choose not to rank coz they aren't good enough. How about Shawn Green, Carl Crawford, Luis Gonzalez, Corey Patterson, Baldelli, Juan Gonzalez, Austin Kearns, and Cliff Floyd??? How could someone not rank them? If they had been forgotten, surely it would make sense to go back and have the people who didn't rank them actually do so to make the rankings a little more accurate. And on the starting pitching side, guys like Johan Santana (!!!!), Maddux, Clement, and Pineiro somehow weren't ranked by everyone. I suggest fixing these rankings by having everyone go back to rank the middle to top tier players that they didn't rank, and THEN these rankings might be helpful. Just some advice

i agree that the same players should be ranked by everyone, but if you are so disapointed by the rankings on the site, make your own. IMO, it isnt worth it to do a top 200 or 300 in fantasy baseball because honestly, you have no idea how positions are going to compare.

if you rank guys that play diferent positions against eachother, you have to take positional scarcity into account. but the thing is, nobody knows how it is going to work out. once you get past the first few rounds of a draft, people draft based more on personal strategies and statistical needs rather than who is "the best player". i only rank by position, and then i use my best judgement to draft my team. i dont need a piece of paper to tell me if the 8th ranked SS is more valuable then the 25th best OF, i just go with the flow of the draft and how i want to build my team. this pst was sort of a ramble, but i hope i got my point accross. :-/
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:12 pm

mkooljr1 wrote:Well the cheat sheets would be a lot more helpful if people ranked the same players. Having only 4 people rank Jose Reyes as a 2nd baseman is pointless. He doesn't even qualify there right now, so no one should have ranked him. But since some did, now it looks like he's worse than Roberto Alomar since Reyes got some 0's from people who correctly didn't rank him. This leads to very inaccurate lists. Kaz Matsui, who i've mentioned in another thread, and Jimmy Rollins are more examples of players not everyone ranked. These aren't bottom tier guys that people might just choose not to rank coz they aren't good enough. How about Shawn Green, Carl Crawford, Luis Gonzalez, Corey Patterson, Baldelli, Juan Gonzalez, Austin Kearns, and Cliff Floyd??? How could someone not rank them? If they had been forgotten, surely it would make sense to go back and have the people who didn't rank them actually do so to make the rankings a little more accurate. And on the starting pitching side, guys like Johan Santana (!!!!), Maddux, Clement, and Pineiro somehow weren't ranked by everyone. I suggest fixing these rankings by having everyone go back to rank the middle to top tier players that they didn't rank, and THEN these rankings might be helpful. Just some advice

This cheatsheet started by me having an idea and then a thread was created. If you have a better way to do it, then feel free to volunteer to start another 1. If you are not satisfied with the 1 that is there, then just ignore it. Anyone that bases their draft solely on 1 cheatsheet is doomed anyway.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers