Hey, anyone got cheatsheets handy for this season? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hey, anyone got cheatsheets handy for this season?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hey, anyone got cheatsheets handy for this season?

Postby The Jury » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:41 pm

After a boring offseason, I'm just now getting ready for this year's fantasy baseball league! What are some free cheatsheets that you guys are using?
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:44 pm

Welcome back, Jury. How about these? :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:52 pm

Wasn't boring at all around here. :-D

Welcome back! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:56 pm

Arlo wrote:Welcome back, Jury. How about these? :-)

Yup and you could also check out all of the mocks going on here. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby mkooljr1 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:05 pm

I still don't understand how the cheat sheets on this site are helpful. If it doesn't have an overall ranking, how do you know who to pick? You can't just pick by position coz with no $$ values next to the names, you have no idea which player is worth the most. Who's more valuable, the 5th ranked 1st baseman, the 5th ranked SS, the 5th ranked OFer, or the 5th ranked pitcher? With no overall ranking and especially no $$ values, you're just taking a guess, and really have no clue. I wouldn't advise doing this in a draft because you can't just draft by position and expect to be successful. You need to value each player, incorporating position scarcity into the $$ value, and come up with an overall list.
mkooljr1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Arlo » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:11 pm

mkooljr1 wrote:I still don't understand how the cheat sheets on this site are helpful. If it doesn't have an overall ranking, how do you know who to pick? You can't just pick by position coz with no $$ values next to the names, you have no idea which player is worth the most. Who's more valuable, the 5th ranked 1st baseman, the 5th ranked SS, the 5th ranked OFer, or the 5th ranked pitcher? With no overall ranking and especially no $$ values, you're just taking a guess, and really have no clue. I wouldn't advise doing this in a draft because you can't just draft by position and expect to be successful. You need to value each player, incorporating position scarcity into the $$ value, and come up with an overall list.

Different rankings have different purposes, and every fantasy owner uses them differently. I think the combination of players ranked by position and mock drafts is a very strong one, but if there's a demand for an overal ranking combining all positions, we'll find a way to offer that as well. :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRock » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:20 pm

mkooljr1 wrote:I still don't understand how the cheat sheets on this site are helpful. If it doesn't have an overall ranking, how do you know who to pick? You can't just pick by position coz with no $$ values next to the names, you have no idea which player is worth the most. Who's more valuable, the 5th ranked 1st baseman, the 5th ranked SS, the 5th ranked OFer, or the 5th ranked pitcher? With no overall ranking and especially no $$ values, you're just taking a guess, and really have no clue. I wouldn't advise doing this in a draft because you can't just draft by position and expect to be successful. You need to value each player, incorporating position scarcity into the $$ value, and come up with an overall list.

Ranking one position vs another depends a great deal on your scoring system, league size, overall draft strategy, etc. I don't think you could come up with one overall rankings list that would be helpful to everyone.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby BigLebowski » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:39 pm

That is stuff you should know before you draft anyway. This is just an opinion of how players are ranked in their respective positions. If you use someone elses projections for your drafts word for word, you probably aren't gonna win. It takes a little work on your part if you want to compete in a top league.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:16 pm

This actual cheatsheet was my idea and I weighed a lot of options before coming up with the format. I didn't want to use a standard top 200 or whatever players for a few reasons. A lot depends on scoring or league type. I also wanted to make it easy. I usually sort mine by position anyway. If I already have a 3B, why should I have to sort through a bunch of other 3B to find a player that I actually need? I wanted to make it easy and allow the user to be able to identify a need and find a player without having to sort through useless players to them.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:18 pm

TheRock wrote:

Ranking one position vs another depends a great deal on your scoring system, league size, overall draft strategy, etc. I don't think you could come up with one overall rankings list that would be helpful to everyone.

I agree. 1 thing that is pretty universal is that if you need a 2B, it would be nice to easily sift through a list of the top 2B. No matter what scoring you use or what size your league is, you still need a 2B. It is also easy to decide how to value a player. Just because you need a 2B, you might be able to wait on that and get another position now.
Lofunzo

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers