Durham anyone? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Durham anyone?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Durham anyone?

Postby Kuji » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:38 pm

Any updates on Durham? I'm really itching to grab any 2B prospects left (really thin FA pool in my league), plus having iffy Jeff Kent as my 2B starter.

Any ideas, news or updates?
Kuji
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Durham anyone?

Postby DC_Commish » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:46 am

Well, Ray Durham keeps insisting that he will play on Opening Day. The problem is that I have not found one other person who shares his confidence.

The best news for Durham’s owners is that 26-year old Kevin Frandsen, who was expected to vulture at least a third of Durham’s playing time at second, tore his Achilles on Monday. Frandsen is done for 2008, so I think Durham gets over 500 PAs for one last season. Eugenio Velez will still steal some of Durham’s time, but Velez will have backup responsibilities at third, as well. He should see the plate enough to have some value in NL-only leagues, but he is hardly a stud in the making.

How deep is your league? Who are some of the FAs available? As for 2B sleepers, is Matt Antonelli available in your league? His playing time projections vary widely, but he has shown speed and the ability to hit for average at level in the minors. If Tadahito Iguchi were to go down in San Diego, Antonelli would become very valuable, very quickly.
Fight racism in our schools. American Indians are people, not mascots.
DC_Commish Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kuji » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:56 am

it's a 14 team H2H Yahoo league, people like Carlos Delgado, Willits, Jack Cust, Doug Davis, Tim Wakefield, Overbay, Ethier, Cameron Maybin, Pedro Feliz are available in the draft, just to give you an idea. They haven't added Mark Antonelli to the roster.

At 2B, I have available:

Mark DeRosa, Jose Vidro, Maicer Izturis, Jose Lopez, Eugenio Velez, Marco Scutaro, etc..
Kuji
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BrooklynBums » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:42 am

I might actually snag Durham this year in a deeper league. Its a contract season for him, and he did pretty well in 06 when he wanted a contract (26 hr 90+ rbi). He's been tearing it up in ST (he did have an injury recently, not sure how serious it was, but he played today in an exhibition game in SF) and Velez is his only real competition now that Frandsen is done. However, if the Giants fall out of contention extremely quickly (which seems likely), I could see him sitting maybe 2-3 games per week.
I wouldn't be surprised if Durham gets moved up to the #4 slot, at least periodically when Molina takes a day off. But, having Randy Winn and Aaron Rowand bat around you isnt nearly the same as having Holliday and Atkins (see Todd Helton) or A-rod and Jeter (see Bobby Abreu). :-t
BrooklynBums
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates