Richard Hidalgo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Richard Hidalgo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Richard Hidalgo

Postby mktgteach » Tue May 14, 2002 10:59 pm

What is the board's opinion of Richard Hidalgo? I know of his 2000 year. He was offered to me for Urbina. I would like another STUD OF, but I don't classify him as a stud.

I'm out! ;-D
Go Hokies!
mktgteach
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby timkell » Wed May 15, 2002 1:25 am

I'd say Ugie and Hidalgo are comparable. Neither are studs, but both COULD be studs. If you have some other stud closers and you need another outfielder, I'd get him. I'd be happy to have Hidalgo in my starting lineup every week. I'd prefer him to be my number two OF, but he's still pretty damn good! Unless you're in an 8 team league. That changes things. Remember, he plays in Houston!
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Arlo » Wed May 15, 2002 4:08 am

I like Hidalgo too, and I don't expect him to lose playing time, although Houston's outfield situation isn't quite settled yet. He's best in relatively shallow leagues where he can be played in home games (anybody else surprised by his weak road numbers so far?) or to exploit pitching matchups. I wouldn't give Urbina for him, however, at least not in a standard roto league. Saves are simply too hard to come by.

In most h2h or points leagues, on the other hand, I would accept this deal, especially if you have daily lineup changes in a points league, or if you're in one of the h2h leagues that limits games pitched but not innings.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers