Rich Harden..... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Rich Harden.....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rich Harden.....

Postby NYCBuckeye » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:32 pm

What is the over/under on his first DL stint? I would say the line right now is May 2 ... what's your bet, before or after? I will go with before ...
NYCBuckeye
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Justblaze » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:36 pm

Your are high on Oswalt as am I, but my CB$ league is not totally high on the old veterans. I was able to snag Halladay in this league at the 10th round. Oswalt was gone at the same time, only 6 rounds ahead of Harden. If Harden strings together 4 straight solid starts, I am sure I will be able to get something good for him. Oswalt's K rate is not nearly as high anymore. I'm in a CBS platinum league with strangers, so I can't tell if they are beginners or not, but you could always sell high on guys based on performance. Aka Blake, Shelton, Swisher, Tori Hunter. Only thing stopping Harden is his health, but some people might take a chance on it.
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby pangbones » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:06 pm

Wow, did he look fantastic today!! My week 1 opponent had the BALLS to start him this week against Boston, so kudo's to him. I owned Harden last year, and was able to move him in a trade, but it was really frustrating to deal with all the setbacks. He's a huge risk, but this is why he's always drafted, because he has Cy Young potential. His stuff is filthy, and if he stays healthy all year, he'll be the steal of many leagues.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Postby wurmz07 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:54 pm

My league hasn't drafted yet, hopefully a start like that will make some users jump on him way to early than they should be. If he slips to me in the later rounds, I'd take him, but not before the 17th,IMO.
wurmz07
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thegilby » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:40 pm

Haha, I like to say the guys in my league are knowledgeable but a guy took Harden in the 10th round. I had him last year so I'm just waiting for the injuries to come...
thegilby
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheDooner64 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:30 am

I am confident that Harden will be healthy this year because his past injuries were largely unrelated, right? Not like he keeps hurting the same shoulder or something....just an unlucky guy imo. I drafted him in the 17th round and am very happy about it, not really much risk with huge upside.
TheDooner64
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mugrila » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:43 am

TheDooner64 wrote:I am confident that Harden will be healthy this year because his past injuries were largely unrelated, right? Not like he keeps hurting the same shoulder or something....just an unlucky guy imo. I drafted him in the 17th round and am very happy about it, not really much risk with huge upside.

Not much risk? Like tying up a DL spot all year risk? He does have a lot of upside though.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby TheDooner64 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:54 am

Mugrila wrote:
TheDooner64 wrote:I am confident that Harden will be healthy this year because his past injuries were largely unrelated, right? Not like he keeps hurting the same shoulder or something....just an unlucky guy imo. I drafted him in the 17th round and am very happy about it, not really much risk with huge upside.

Not much risk? Like tying up a DL spot all year risk? He does have a lot of upside though.

What else are you gonna get in round 17? I'd rather have Harden who could actually be great than some mediocre player who's guaranteed to be healthy. Even if he gets hurt and ends up "tying up your DL spot" you could always just cut your losses and drop him. Not much risk to me.
TheDooner64
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HKDflip » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:14 am

Im saying Harden makes it a couple months pitching really well and then something sets in, injury or otherwise. Hes fun to look at, but not to touch (unless hes on the WW pick him up!)
haha Super High Risk/ High Reward
2004 Curs3 R3v3rs3d
HKDflip
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ROC AllStars » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:26 pm

I don't care how good he is. He will never be on my roster again. You might as well pick up Prior and Wood to have the most dominant DL ever...
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 37)

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates