The Single BEST SS Prospect for 2009! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

The Single BEST SS Prospect for 2009!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The Single BEST SS Prospect for 2009!

Postby Sea Dog Fan » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:47 am

Grounded Polo wrote:
Jaysfan84 wrote:Lowrie is intriguing...blocked by Lugo, but I guess it depends what your opinion of Lugo is. Personally, I think he will rebound this year so playing time may be an issue. I see the issue with Lugo/Lowrie in '09 being similar to the current situation they have in CF with Crisp/Ellsbury, so it becomes an issue of if Lowrie will see enough playing time in 2009.

I think Brignac is probably your best bet for a full-time starting gig next year.

Julio Lugo isn't blocking anybody. :-D

Moustakas is definitely your best bet but it's still doubtful that SS is his long term home. Andrus is a pretty safe pick because he's definitely at SS long term and will be hitting in Arlington.

I disagree, Lugo is blocking Lowrie. Lowrie could be a starter on a lot of teams, but the Red Sox invested to much money to quit on Lugo after one year. Lowrie might make a better 2nd basemen, but he's blocked by Pedroia. It's kind of a tough situation for him. He's a switch hitter with plus power as a middle infielder, hits for a good average, and has excellent plate discipline.
Sea Dog Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wake » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:29 am

jwhands wrote:People keep forgetting the kid Frazier from Cincy. He has the potential to be a top 100 this year.

What's everyone's opinions on Todd Frazier as a SS prospect? He has some pop, speed, and a good batting eye. He's already off to a fast start this year too with 4 HR in 21 AB.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hybrid » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:12 am

wake wrote:
jwhands wrote:People keep forgetting the kid Frazier from Cincy. He has the potential to be a top 100 this year.

What's everyone's opinions on Todd Frazier as a SS prospect? He has some pop, speed, and a good batting eye. He's already off to a fast start this year too with 4 HR in 21 AB.

No chance he stays at SS, so it already takes him out of the dicussion. Also a polished college bat like him shouldn't be in Low A, as he is showing it's not even a challenge for him.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:39 pm

hybrid wrote:
wake wrote:

No chance he stays at SS, so it already takes him out of the dicussion. Also a polished college bat like him shouldn't be in Low A, as he is showing it's not even a challenge for him.

Frazier is mashing in Single A Dayton this year. He's leaps and bounds better than the competition he's facing so far. He might be the reason the Reds could trade Edwin in the future.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:19 pm

If it helps any, Lowrie got called up yesterday...

Red Sox purchased the contract of infielder Jed Lowrie from Triple-A Pawtucket.
Lowrie doesn't have a lot of experience at third base, but the Red Sox will surely spend the next few days working him out there. If he looks good, he'll probably make at least a few starts while Mike Lowell is out. He could have a little value in AL-only leagues for the short-term

rotoworld
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby dkakridas » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:58 pm

How about Trevor Pluoffe.

he is really starting to hit a bit and has a solid glove. Lastly, it's not like anyone is blocking him anywhere in the infield on the big club.
dkakridas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby glcmustliveon » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:53 pm

Brandon Wood anyone, looks like he's going to have another monster season (last I checked he's leading the minor leagues in homeruns), and I think he still has a shot at staying a short stop.

"I hope he arouses the fire that's dormant in the innermost recesses of my soul." --Ichiro Suzuki on Dice-K
glcmustliveon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hybrid » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:34 pm

glcmustliveon wrote:Brandon Wood anyone, looks like he's going to have another monster season (last I checked he's leading the minor leagues in homeruns), and I think he still has a shot at staying a short stop.

Really doubt he plays SS in the majors, he just isn't really good enough defensively. Aybar is head and shoulders better defensively and not bad with the bat either.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball