The Single BEST SS Prospect for 2009! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

The Single BEST SS Prospect for 2009!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The Single BEST SS Prospect for 2009!

Postby Chilltownsdiddy » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:56 pm

Chris Nelson or Hector Gomez and I also like Jed Lowrie's chances at sticking at Short.
Chilltownsdiddy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Tigerfan wrote:Since you said you didn't care how long you'd have to wait...

Tim Beckham - SS - Griffin HS, GA

The kid has all the tools.

If your rules allow it, Beckham is the difference maker and the player you would want to pick. The other guys(Lowrie, Andrus, Triunfel) could be solid major leaguers, but Beckham has special talent.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MaudDib » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:48 am

raiders_umpire wrote:
Tigerfan wrote:Since you said you didn't care how long you'd have to wait...

Tim Beckham - SS - Griffin HS, GA

The kid has all the tools.

If your rules allow it, Beckham is the difference maker and the player you would want to pick. The other guys(Lowrie, Andrus, Triunfel) could be solid major leaguers, but Beckham has special talent.

I was thinking the same thing but didn't know if you could wait that long. Think BJ Upton for his upside.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby jjmancini » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:26 pm

Yeah... That is just a long time to wait. I'm hopin for someone who would be available by 2009 mid season at latest.
jjmancini
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Tigerfan » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:16 pm

Do you expect Tulo to retire after next season?? If anyone can afford to wait it's you.
Tigerfan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Location: Corner of Witherell & Montcalm in beautiful Detroit

Postby jwhands » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:48 pm

People keep forgetting the kid Frazier from Cincy. He has the potential to be a top 100 this year.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hybrid » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:51 pm

jjmancini wrote:Yeah... That is just a long time to wait. I'm hopin for someone who would be available by 2009 mid season at latest.

Like Tigerfan said, what's your rush? If anything a SS that is up so soon is just going to rot on your bench. If you want big upside take Beckham, if you want a solid/good SS who will likely never be better than your current ... take the others. In your original post you said you wanted upside no matter how long the wait, but now your giving it just 1 year? That's not a wait at all, be more patient or just go best available player, you have a long term answer at SS so you really don't need to concern yourself with another already.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby dkakridas » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:30 am

JOSH RODRIGUEZ, SS- Cleveland

Guy is super underrated. Currently in Akron AA. Offensive minded SS that can fill a stat sheet. Peralta needs to be moved to third- his defense is atrocious. Cabrera moves to SS, J-Rod takes over 2B. That would be the Indians' best def infield for 2009.
dkakridas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:35 am

Grounded Polo wrote:
Jaysfan84 wrote:Lowrie is intriguing...blocked by Lugo, but I guess it depends what your opinion of Lugo is. Personally, I think he will rebound this year so playing time may be an issue. I see the issue with Lugo/Lowrie in '09 being similar to the current situation they have in CF with Crisp/Ellsbury, so it becomes an issue of if Lowrie will see enough playing time in 2009.

I think Brignac is probably your best bet for a full-time starting gig next year.

Julio Lugo isn't blocking anybody. :-D

Moustakas is definitely your best bet but it's still doubtful that SS is his long term home. Andrus is a pretty safe pick because he's definitely at SS long term and will be hitting in Arlington.

i like moustakas the best too, but he probably wont stay at SS.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby High Heater » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:25 am

Moustakas has elite talent imo.... Pedro Alvy type talent but it would be hard pressed for him to stay there with his range. i'd personaly like to see them shift him to 2B and work Butler at 1B leaving Gordon alone at the hot corner, but who knows. Moustakas at 2B would be a dream for alot of FF players.

Tim Beckham should and will be the best elite SS come 1 year after this draft imo. Upton type skills with the chance to stick at SS.
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball