Players not happy with Longoria Decision - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Players not happy with Longoria Decision

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

Players not happy with Longoria Decision

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:40 am

"If I say I commit to winning, he's on my team for sure," rightfielder Jonny Gomes said. "I think everybody wearing a Tampa Bay hat and uniform wants that guy here. I don't think it's a good day on the players' end and for everybody in a uniform."


"I felt like I came in and did what I needed to do," he said. "They made the decision from up top. … Whether it was based on my performance, based on what they need, based on the business side of it, I don't know. It was made, and I'll accept it and handle it."


"A sad day around here though, huh?" veteran Cliff Floyd said. "It ain't always roses. We all know he had a great spring. It's just what the organization wanted to do. It's going to be tough though. I really liked the kid."
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: Players not happy with Longoria Decision

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:44 am

He will be back shortly. The players ought to be more upset about a team starting Hammel as a SP then Longoria going back down to the minors for a bit more time.
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Re: Players not happy with Longoria Decision

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:45 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:He will be back shortly. The players ought to be more upset about a team starting Hammel as a SP then Longoria going back down to the minors for a bit more time.


This I agree with

Hammel %-6 X-I
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: Players not happy with Longoria Decision

Postby jlm53089 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:32 pm

This will make him called up even faster.
Image
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3058
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 6 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tampa, praying for a new stadium.

Re: Players not happy with Longoria Decision

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:31 pm

jlm53089 wrote:This will make him called up even faster.


I don't think it has an effect on the timing because they already made this known before it happened. Maddon did not agree with sending him down either. I think you will see him in May after the time passes where they don't lose that FA IF he isn't a super 2
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: Players not happy with Longoria Decision

Postby jlm53089 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:45 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:This will make him called up even faster.


I don't think it has an effect on the timing because they already made this known before it happened. Maddon did not agree with sending him down either. I think you will see him in May after the time passes where they don't lose that FA IF he isn't a super 2


Alright then let me ask this, what happens if he peforms poorly in AAA?
I doubt he will but just a scenario...
Image
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3058
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 6 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tampa, praying for a new stadium.

Re: Players not happy with Longoria Decision

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:53 pm

jlm53089 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:This will make him called up even faster.


I don't think it has an effect on the timing because they already made this known before it happened. Maddon did not agree with sending him down either. I think you will see him in May after the time passes where they don't lose that FA IF he isn't a super 2


Alright then let me ask this, what happens if he peforms poorly in AAA?
I doubt he will but just a scenario...


Then they would leave him down until he plays well
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: Players not happy with Longoria Decision

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:47 pm

jlm53089 wrote:This will make him called up even faster.




I really don't think Friedmann will let Gomes or Floyd decide who is a big leaguer or not. The quickest way for Longoria to be in Tampa is to go to Durham and hit 350 in April. The Rays can't keep him down then.
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Re: Players not happy with Longoria Decision

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:13 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:This will make him called up even faster.




I really don't think Friedmann will let Gomes or Floyd decide who is a big leaguer or not. The quickest way for Longoria to be in Tampa is to go to Durham and hit 350 in April. The Rays can't keep him down then.


;-D
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa


Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Aug. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

NY Yankees at Toronto
(1:07 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(1:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(4:05 pm)
Minnesota at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(7:10 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(9:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact