I need a vote of confidence, WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I need a vote of confidence, WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I need a vote of confidence, WHIR

Postby mde » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:26 am

I drafted this past Saturday and am really hating my team so far. I blame it on lack of preparedness, panic picks, and over reaching for some guys. I know I'm definitely missing the pop in my lineup, but what do you guys think about it? Are there any players that you think I should target with guys I have on my team? I feel like I have too much "potential" guys that most teams in my league won't want to take a chance on.

This is a 12 team 6x6 H2H redraft league. Thanks.

C Geovany Soto
1B Prince Fielder
2B Brian Roberts
3B Alex Gordon
SS Édgar Rentería
OF Chone Figgins
OF Hunter Pence
OF Shane Victorino
Util Carlos Peña
BN Billy Butler
BN Justin Upton
BN Joey Votto
BN Jay Bruce
BN Adam Jones

SP Johan Santana
SP A.J. Burnett
RP Francisco Rodríguez
RP Rafael Soriano
P Pedro Martínez
P Joakim Soria
P George Sherrill
Last edited by mde on Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
mde
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I need a vote of confidence, WHIR

Postby cordscords » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:33 am

Well you certainly have your bench covered in potential. Thats not a bad thing, but it does seem like overkill when you probably could have grabbed a bat thats not starting at AAA (Bruce) or grab a 4th starter.

If I were you I would try to deal Pena & Victorino to upgrade at 3B, SS, and back of the rotation. Pena screams 1 year wonder, and you already have enough SB for a H2H league.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=329772&p=2648278#p2648278
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby the free basers » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:41 am

hey, I wouldn't ditch out on pena too quickly. last year he hit .333, 18hr's, and 40rbis in 36 games batting ahead of upton. this year he starts in between crawford and upton, which will only mean great things. he has the talent, while I wouldn't expect him to put up the SAME numbers as last year, there is no reason to not think he is a 30hr, 100rbi guy, which should be great for your util spot.

how many teams are in your league? that means alot when trying to assess this team. I'm not high on brian roberts this year, thats of course just my opinion.

if you have time...... viewtopic.php?t=330159
Let's go Mets.
the free basers Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby the free basers » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:09 pm

Thanks for your input with mine. 12 teams? I like your squad in a 12 team league. I would keep an eye on guys like jones, butler, bruce, etc. to see if they are producing up to form. if they are not, I wouldn't hesitate dropping them (if this isn't a keeper league) and picking up something more substantial in the form of pitching (in case pedro goes down) or a package some of them together for a stud in your of.

look for a team who is hurting in SB and try to package victorino with someone else to try to get a OF who could put up a little more rbi and hr production. I dont think Prince and pena will cut it.
Let's go Mets.
the free basers Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby guardian270 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:21 pm

This team could finish first, but could finish last. It all rests on Gordon, Upton, Butler, Votto, Bruce, Jones, etc. In three years, all of these guys should be legitimate studs. But right now they're question marks. I think Gordon is going to be fine at 3B, especially since it would be difficult to pursue a top end player in trade (ARod, Cabrera, Wright, Atkins). You might have a shot at a guy like Zimmerman, but he has a habit of getting off to terrible starts and has almost nothing around him. And besides, you don't need one more guy with potential. So I would stand pat at 3B. IMO you need a 4th SP. Let one of your prospects go and pick up someone you can count on to be healthy and consistent to counterbalance Pedro. I agree with the earlier post about paring Pena and Victorino for a trade package. Look for a solid, proven bat or another legitimate #2 starter. I'm not saying that Pena will not have a good year, I think that .290/30/90-100 is realistic, but you should be able to find someone to trade who IS expecting last year to repeat, and is thus willing to part with a greater amount of talent. Good luck!

Help if you can:
viewtopic.php?t=329942
guardian270
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team