What players should I avoid? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What players should I avoid?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby KULCAT » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:46 am

mkooljr1 wrote:
ncstate04 wrote:does spelling really mean that much to you? No matter how you spell it, I still know who you are talking about when one mentions Mcgwire in regards to baseball.

Yes, because if you can't even spell McGwire's name it very well could mean you don't know very much about baseball, or you're 12 yrs old, in which case, you probably don't know very much about baseball. If you follow baseball, you know how to spell a player's name, period. Well except maybe Mientkiewitcz, which i prob just spelled wrong too!

I follow baseball yet i learn how to speak english about 2 years ago so make mistakes all the times and im not 12. My father doesnt speak that much English but he played pro ball in Mexico and Venezuela and he didnt need to be bilingual to hit with men in scoring position. Hell Vladimir Guerrero might be the best hitter in baseball and he speaks worst than both of us. I dont think grammar is related to your baseball knowledge. Otherwise why is it that most people who follow baseball have such terrible pronunciation of the latin players names? Its not A-lomar, its Alo-MAR. Joaquin ANdujar? No, it was anDUjar. Same with the japanese player IRAbu? No, its IraBU. But you know what? You know his face, you know his numbers youve seen him pitch... who the hell cares if you spell it wrong
PS- My brother won a spelling contest last year so i guess will be getting a call from Ron Shandler soon
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KULCAT » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:48 am

Kelly Gruber wrote:Dontrelle Willis

sophomore slump bigtime - don't even draft him if you can get him in the last round ;-)

I think he´s gonna be really bad. Then even out t the end of the year
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Re: What players should I avoid?

Postby wkelly91 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:29 am

mkooljr1 wrote:
Jer19G wrote:
Zitofan15 wrote:I'm in a 12 team 5X5 rotesseries league. What players should I avoid drafting in our draft. We have 21 rounds.

Mark McGuire.

Doesn't anyone know how to spell around here? Or is everyone 12 years old? it's McGwire people. And for the record, it's biased, the spellings i have seen on this word in other threads are hysterical. It makes me assume most of the posters here are really 12 yrs old.

MKool: With a post like that I can assume that this forum is populated by poor-spelling 12 year olds? :-P
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby reiser » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:43 am

wkelly91 wrote:Any player with a history of injuries..
Ken Griffey
Juan Gonzalez
etc.
Only take them late after you have solid players and can afford them on the end of the bench after they get hurt...and they will get hurt. :-t

that's some of the most solid advice in the forum.
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ajax » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:42 am

Doull7 wrote:Avoid any and every Yankee player and you will do fine trust me.

Yes, especially stay away from the Yanks starting pitchers, unless your league counts wins, k's, era, or whip.

And unless your league scores saves, I wouldn't touch Rivera either.
Ajax
College Coach
College Coach

Postby stevelabny » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:53 am

::reads thread::
::adds Loaiza to his draft-list::

gee, i hope all the guys in my league are as spiteful as you guys.
i won't mind adding him cheap.

players to avoid: NOBODY. if any player usually mentioned falls far enough down a draft, or goes cheap enough at an auction they canbe worth taking.

that said i dont like cintron or d willis or posednik to get better, or even match what they did last year
"Baseball is like church. Many attend. Few understand." -- Leo Durocher
stevelabny
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers