Jason Varitek - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Jason Varitek

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jason Varitek

Postby JRAMI » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:58 am

Does anyone know if Varitek is catching both game this week in Japan? I am in a points league and I am thinking of picking him up for the points IF hes playing. Any info appreciated!
JRAMI
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jason Varitek

Postby Diggin4third » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:37 am

Posted by Amalie Benjamin, Globe Staff March 24, 2008 04:24 AM

TOKYO -- Sources have indicated that the three inactive players for the first two games of the season, in Tokyo, will be Tim Wakefield (who pitched yesterday), Sean Casey (stiff neck), and Mike Timlin (stitches in his ring finger).

Jed Lowrie and Bobby Kielty will be the two extra players. Of the 30 currently in Japan (excluding Curt Schilling) there will be two players will not be among the 28 roster spots (including those three inactives).

Two moves will need to be made for this to happen. Kevin Cash's contract will be purchased and Josh Beckett will be place on the disabled list retroactive to March 19. That means he will be eligible to come off on April 3, the offday between Oakland and Toronto.

Timlin will be reevaluated in Los Angeles, and the possibility remains that he might have to also go on the disabled list.

The Red Sox will keep three catchers for now: *Jason Varitek, Dusty Brown, and Cash.

Kielty has an out clause in his contract that allows him to leave the team at the end of spring training. That date comes up at the end of the month, after the series in LA. If he is not added to the roster by then, he can sign with another club.

*He's not listed as inactive so I'm guessing he's playing but in what role is uncertain.
Diggin4third
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Jason Varitek

Postby JRAMI » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:00 pm

Cool thanks for posting dude.

I picked hi mup and slotted him this week so I was gambling!
thanks again
JRAMI
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates