1st FBB TEAM! eh, who needs pitching... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

1st FBB TEAM! eh, who needs pitching...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

1st FBB TEAM! eh, who needs pitching...

Postby THERIOT 4MVP » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:19 pm

It's my 1st Fantasy BB team! It was also the commissioners 1st year. AL and NL head to head ESPN league. The problem I see with our rules is we start 17 of our 20 players!!! 8 position players, 2 utility, 2 P's, 3 SP's, 2 RP's. My lineup is ok i think. I even have bats to spare. My pitching is pretty sad looking tho. I got Lackey and Escobar late and am afraid to release SP's with such potiential. I plan on (we have 1 spot available for DL players)
C Ivan Rodriguez
1B Carlos Delgado
2B Brian Roberts
3B Miguel Cabrera
SS Miguel Tejada
OF Carl Crawford
OF Carlos Beltran
OF Nick Markakis
UTIL Corey Hart
UTIL Josh Hamilton
Bench Chone Figgins
Bench Rafael Furcal
Bench Jim Thome
P Brett Myers
P Derek Lowe
SP (DL) John Lackey
SP (DL) Kelvim Escobar
RP Matt Capps
RP Manny Corpas
RP Joba Chamberlain

I was wanting to get rid of Joba and one of my bats for some waiver players. I was thinkin Joba 4 Weaver. any other Ideas?

some available SP's are J Weaver, J Blanton, O Perez, Lester, Mench, and a few others.

thx 4 input. I have to leave 4 easter and will rate your teams soon. go cubs!!!!
THERIOT 4MVP
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 1st FBB TEAM! eh, who needs pitching...

Postby Curtis Pride » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:39 pm

You really really need pitching; no question.

You should definitely trade Furcal or Tejada for pitching. I'd trade Tejada, becuase it'll fetch more, and you need Furcal's speed anyway.

Additionally, Figgins is too good to be on your bench. You can get something for him too.

I wouldn't rely on Delgado as my 1B. You should trade one of your OF for an equivalent hitter who qualifies at 1B.

Ivan Rodriguez stinks now. He's not worth a spot on a fantasy team. There are better options available in your league - I'm sure of it.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=329789
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby autiger678 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:41 pm

Got to get some pitching or you may not even compete in that league. Good thing is that you have lots of trade bait. Good luck.
autiger678
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby THERIOT 4MVP » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:52 pm

since I obviously have another 3rd baseman, would figgins for C Zambrano be a no brainer? would I be insulting the guy by making this offer? Zambrano could help alot til May when Lackey and Escobar get goin. I would then have what might resemble an O.K. pitching staff! I think my team still has ok speed, especially if I play Furcal and move Tejada. Suggestions?
THERIOT 4MVP
T-Ball Trainer

Postby skjelstrom » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:58 pm

Ya definitely move Tejada. Other than that I actually like your Offense. Pitching is a problem. I would recommend picking up Weaver. He has ubelievable spring training stats right now and if plays anything like his rookie season (which I actually think he will do better) he will make a great asset to your team. Drop one of your RP for him. I think you should try to get a good solid closer with either Thome or Figgins or maybe even both. Hope I helped. GOOD LUCK!!

If you have time take a look and comment on mine: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=329338&p=2645845#p2645845
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby skjelstrom » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:01 pm

and I don't agree with curtis post above Ivan is doing amazing in spring training and I think it reflects how well he will do in the season. He is leading in HR out of all MLB in spring training, keep him. But if needed pick up someone like Soto, Towles, or Napoli as backup just in case.
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby thatguysound » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:39 pm

THERIOT 4MVP wrote:It's my 1st Fantasy BB team! It was also the commissioners 1st year. AL and NL head to head ESPN league. The problem I see with our rules is we start 17 of our 20 players!!! 8 position players, 2 utility, 2 P's, 3 SP's, 2 RP's. My lineup is ok i think. I even have bats to spare. My pitching is pretty sad looking tho. I got Lackey and Escobar late and am afraid to release SP's with such potiential. I plan on (we have 1 spot available for DL players)
C Ivan Rodriguez
1B Carlos Delgado
2B Brian Roberts
3B Miguel Cabrera
SS Miguel Tejada
OF Carl Crawford
OF Carlos Beltran
OF Nick Markakis
UTIL Corey Hart
UTIL Josh Hamilton
Bench Chone Figgins
Bench Rafael Furcal
Bench Jim Thome
P Brett Myers
P Derek Lowe
SP (DL) John Lackey
SP (DL) Kelvim Escobar
RP Matt Capps
RP Manny Corpas
RP Joba Chamberlain

I was wanting to get rid of Joba and one of my bats for some waiver players. I was thinkin Joba 4 Weaver. any other Ideas?

some available SP's are J Weaver, J Blanton, O Perez, Lester, Mench, and a few others.

thx 4 input. I have to leave 4 easter and will rate your teams soon. go cubs!!!!

Just curious how many teams in the league? I assume its an 8 team league, based on the collection of talent?

You definitely need an upgrade at 1B and SP, although Lackey could be a staff anchor if he's healthy when he comes back. I agree with those that suggest you trade Tejada - your roster has speed, but you don't get to use it if the speedsters don't have a place to play. Unless Thome plays enough games at 1B to qualify, I would consider doing the following:

-Trade Tejada and Beltran for a better 1B and a better SP. Tejada could get you an Adrian Gonzalez, maybe even a Konerko, if the other manager needs a SS. Why trade Beltran? Couple of reasons. 1. I think his knees are a ticking time bomb. 2. He is still percieved by most people as an elite OF - which means you can probably get an elite SP in return. 3. If you clear out one of your OF spots, you can move Hamilton up to OF and put a speedster in the UT slot. Assuming you get a significant enough 1B, you'll probably get about the same power output from your lineup AND more SB's, AND you'll have a legit staff anchor to boot. Good luck.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

Postby THERIOT 4MVP » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:05 pm

10 teams... i guess ill take that as a compliment. and thx 4 the ideas guys.
THERIOT 4MVP
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team