my team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

my team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

my team

Postby gc2892 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:47 pm

i think i need another outfield and another closer. im trying to package ellsbury and buchholz together for an upgrade. also cameron maybin, jose guillen, jermaine dye, josh hamilton, matt kemp, evan longoria, jeremy guthrie, jonathon broxton, brian weathers, hiroki kuroda, and brian fuentes are all free agents i'm watching.

c- russel martin
1b- adrian gonzalez
2b- brian roberts
3b- kevin youkilis
ss- carlos guillen
of- hunter pence
of- carlos beltran
of- brad hawpe
util- orlando cabrera
bench-
dustin pedroia
jacoby ellsbury
nick swisher

sp-john smoltz
sp-kelvim escobar
sp-fausto carmona
rp-jason isringhausen
rp-matt capps
p-scott kazmir
p-oliver perez
bench-
clay buchholz
brett myers
john maine
gc2892
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: my team

Postby gc2892 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:33 am

anything?
gc2892
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hambone1818 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:57 am

Drop Pedroia, pick up Hamilton...now. He's tearing it up in spring training, and all he did was rake last season. He's the real deal, and is worth MUCH more than a backup 2B who won't get more than a few weeks playing time in front of Roberts.

Other than that, I might try to find some better RP options, but that tends to square itself out the first month or two. Keep your eyes out for closers getting hurt and nab someone better than your current options.

Also, Youkilis shouldn't be your starting 3B, period. You have no HR to begin with, and he's not going to give you more than 15. Longoria is a huge risk this season, but I might go for it because you need the help. Your offense is very average...not many HR, not many SB unless you put Ellsbury in there (and even then, he's a big risk this season with Coco still in town). I'd be all over the waiver wire and FA the first few months, try to nab breakouts before anyone else does. Because with the exception of Martin and Beltran, you can upgrade over your current options BIG TIME (as in, none of your current starters minus those two are top-5 at their position).

Good luck.
hambone1818
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thatguysound » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:59 am

gc2892 wrote:i think i need another outfield and another closer. im trying to package ellsbury and buchholz together for an upgrade. also cameron maybin, jose guillen, jermaine dye, josh hamilton, matt kemp, evan longoria, jeremy guthrie, jonathon broxton, brian weathers, hiroki kuroda, and brian fuentes are all free agents i'm watching.

c- russel martin
1b- adrian gonzalez
2b- brian roberts
3b- kevin youkilis
ss- carlos guillen
of- hunter pence
of- carlos beltran
of- brad hawpe
util- orlando cabrera
bench-
dustin pedroia
jacoby ellsbury
nick swisher

sp-john smoltz
sp-kelvim escobar
sp-fausto carmona
rp-jason isringhausen
rp-matt capps
p-scott kazmir
p-oliver perez
bench-
clay buchholz
brett myers
john maine

First off, you need to tell us more about the league. How many teams? Roto? H2H? It's tough to accurately help out without knowing the context.

Generally speaking, I'd say that your offense, even without Kemp, Hamilton, or Longoria, is pretty solid for the most part, although I would drop O. Cabrera and Kevin Youkilis for Longoria and either Kemp or Hamilton ASAP.

You do have a couple red flags flying: 1. You have very little speed, especially if you deal Ellisbury. Check your waiver wire, see if W. Taveras, J. Bourn, R. Davis, N. McClouth, or some other speedster is available.

Your starting pitching seems very fragile and untested. Any chance you get to bring in a major upgrade to the starting staff should be welcomed.

I'd drop Youk and O. Cabrera, pick up Longoria to start at 3B and either Kemp or Hamilton. Then try to get an obvious upgrade at SP with that Buchholz+Ellisbury offer. If you can find a BoSox fan in your league, you should be able to pull that off. Dealing Ellisbury does put a big hit on your SB totals, though, so check your waiver wire for W. Tavera, J. Bourn, R. Davis, N. McClouth, or some other speedster.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)

Postby gc2892 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:27 am

its a 8 team head to head leauge. mclouth, juan pierre, davis, and bourn are free agents that should get some steals. i think nick swisher should get atleast thirty homeruns this year with the whitesox and beltran, hawpe, and gonzalez should get above 30. also pickin up jonathan broxton could be huge if he becomes closer and if something happens to saito.
gc2892
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gc2892 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:51 pm

juan pierre is gone..im tryin to trade for something
gc2892
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thatguysound » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:16 pm

gc2892 wrote:juan pierre is gone..im tryin to trade for something

Thats no great loss. He's gonna be fighting for playing time this season as it is, and the ONLY thing he really brings to the table is SB's. Bourn, Taveras, Carlos Gomez and McClouth should more than adequately help your SB's, and most of them won't be quite as big a drag on your other stats. At the very least, they should be available on the WW, so you don't NEED to make a trade for steals if you don't want to.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)

Postby gc2892 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:30 pm

i dropped ellsbury for hamilton so now i have hawpe, swisher, beltran, pence and hamilton in the OF. i think that should be good for the season but i dont know who to start. im gona drop youkilis for longoria once i hear that hes going to start the season up with the rays. so i think all thats left to do is try and move pedroia, cabrera and buchholz for a pitcher or another bat.
gc2892
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team