Green Grass and High Tides - On REAL guitar?! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Green Grass and High Tides - On REAL guitar?!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Green Grass and High Tides - On REAL guitar?!

Postby acsguitar » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:46 pm

I roxorz. I still haven't listened to the song but I'll try to check it out this week
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:19 pm

Mugrila wrote:I've heard good things about the micro cube. My buddy has a cube 30 and I'm possibly looking in to getting a cube 60 this summer. I'd really like a nice tube amp, but I'm not sure if I'm really ready to spend that kind of money. :-o

I have a couple of those too and, while they are fun, they are utterly impractical as I have not played out anywhere for like 5 or 6 years and also are a bit ridiculous as they are loud enough to shake the house. I am very fortunate to have cool neighbors. The cop applauds when I fire it up while they are partying on their deck...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:20 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:
Mugrila wrote:I've heard good things about the micro cube. My buddy has a cube 30 and I'm possibly looking in to getting a cube 60 this summer. I'd really like a nice tube amp, but I'm not sure if I'm really ready to spend that kind of money. :-o

I have a couple of those too and, while they are fun, they are utterly impractical as I have not played out anywhere for like 5 or 6 years and also are a bit ridiculous as they are loud enough to shake the house. I am very fortunate to have cool neighbors. The cop applauds when I fire it up while they are partying on their deck...

yep I had a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe tube and it shook the house had to sell it cause I could only play it on 1 inside and it doesn't sound good till 10
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Mugrila » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:48 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:

Ahh, well my roommates for next year all play instruments. We'll have a drum set, at least one half-stack, and some other random things. We'll also be living on a 2 acre plot of land far enough away from anybody that it won't matter how loud we are. Should be some good times. As for when I'm at home, I don't have any neighbors within almost a mile of my house. I love living in the country.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:10 pm

Man, was just flailing away on 'Green Grass...' some more...good stuff. I can make up lead stuff all over the place but keeping up w/ the chords @ the end of it is a pretty nice workout. Thanks again for bringing this song up. In about 3 years I should stumble into it on Guitar Hero and at least I'll know how it goes now... ;-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Invictus » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:19 pm

Hahaha! Absolutely ;-D. If you ever do get the chance to pick it up on Rock Band, then I'll warn you - you may know how it goes, but that hardly guarentees that you'll be able to play it on the game. Im amazed how different the guitar hero type games are so DIFFERENT in terms of difficulty compared to real guitar. Id even go as far as to say that guitar hero is harder than real guitar at times. There's no argueing that each can help out with the other in regards to rhythm.

Ive been playing a little bit more now, and feel like i can get the section leading up to the vocals down very well ;-D. Now it's just a matter of slowing down that solo!
Invictus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:02 pm

Another trick that occurred to me is to play along with it for a while, figuring out the gist of the parts and then stop playing along with it, just play it on your own and go back to playing along with it. The first few times I tried that end part the wheels fell off the bus so I kind of listened to it and then practiced it to get my speed up to the ballpark of where they were and went back in and it seemed to work? I dunno if that will go the same way if you are trying to figure it out note for note but it might be worth a try?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:24 pm

Pfft. Guitar players.. :-°

Everyone knows that chicks dig drummers. B-)
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby acsguitar » Thu May 22, 2008 7:05 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Pfft. Guitar players.. :-°

Everyone knows that chicks dig drummers. B-)

The crazy ones
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Video Games