RASMUS up again? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

RASMUS up again?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: RASMUS up again?

Postby NittanyLions1 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:45 pm

stevethumb wrote:it is not uncommon for players who have been sent to the minors to still make an appearance w/the big club...it happens more w/position players than w/pitchers..was it a split squad game today ?

No not a split squad...he led off and was 2 for 5 with a two-RBI triple. I read that TLR was resting Schumaker and Ankiel and that Barton had a hamstring problem so that is why Rasmus played...guess I shouldnt get that excited then
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yassassin » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:00 pm

I think he needs to be in AAA now. He didn't do enough this spring to warrant a starting spot.
I really believe he's going to come up this year, prob sooner than later, just like Ankiel last year. I think the Cards are waiting to see what will happen in the OF this spring. Between Duncan, Ankiel, and the RF (Schumaker, Ludwick, Barton) we all know something's gonna go wrong and he'll be up and in the spot after everyday playing in Memphis. I have no idea what's going to happen in the OF this year but hopefully if Rasmus doesn't come up it's because we have 3 guys already there who are playing well.
yassassin
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Strokin Shortstop » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:41 pm

I like the idea of the Cards using one of the young OFs as trade bait for a pitching prospect. Please post if you have anymore news on this.
Strokin Shortstop Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates