RP-Wagner
RP-Street
P-J.Shields
P-K.Wood
P-Ol.Perez
Bn-Greinke
Bn-Sherill
Bn-R.Johnson

I know I definately have to upgrade and get a true ace but this still isn't a bad staff with all the injured aces to begin the season. I didn't overpay for any closers either. My lineup is pretty solid too. Please give me feedback and leave ur link.
11' Outlook:
AL CY: Jon Lester
NL CY: Roy Halladay
AL MVP: Alex Rodriguez
NL MVP: Troy Tulowitski
qnzbro2k
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: (WHIR)Rate this team plz!

Postby tvaldivi » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:30 pm

I like your team a lot and am not sure if you need to make a move at this point. Harang and Myers I am big fans of. Harang is very solid and if he was on a slightly better team would definitely be considered an ace year in and year out. I think you have a nice balance although speed may be an issue if Byrnes doesn't repeat his last year stats. You definitely have some solid power hitters, and you can never go wrong with having D Wright who is the man in roto leagues since he fills up the stat sheet! I'd say stand pat for now and see how your team is after the first couple of weeks and then look to make a move!

Help with mine?: viewtopic.php?t=329572
tvaldivi
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby monomakh » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:39 pm

I think your offensive bench could use improvement. I'm not big on Rowand @SF at all and you'll have to watch Rolen carefully. I like your pitching as you have a lot of upside. H2H's so random anyway, it's hard to be very definitive pre-season. You'll definitely have to ride the hot hand on your SPs.

viewtopic.php?t=329583
monomakh
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby frolfsox » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:46 pm

i think you team looks great and i would definately wait to see how the season starts before making moves. i really like to tinker with my own team and make changes but i have been burned too many times by guessing before the season starts. as the season gets going i like to keep a bench spot open for the hot bat/arm any given week (is there a max number of moves) especially in h2h

offense: A

pitching B+
relief A
frolfsox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby gismes » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:52 pm

There is alot to like about this team. Wright is a monster of course, Jacoby will provide the extra speed you need, other than Thome your lineup looks good. I would replace Thome with someone else...anyone else. Rolan needs to bounce back this season, if he starts slow I'd see about a replacement, if he starts hot I'd try to trade him while his value is high. And upgrade your staff just a touch. I don't have much confidence in Unit but Sherrill and Grenke could be the steals of the season (if everything falls just right into place).
Rate this? viewtopic.php?t=329593
gismes
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ScaryGuy123 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:38 pm

Offense looks fine, maybe try to find another replacement for Rolen(Not too big on him for a comeback)I think rowand will do fine, just not huge.

Myers and Harang are both good, although I'd worry about Harang just because of the team he has around him, although I'd say 15+ wins is a good possibility. Maybe try to get a slightly more reliable ace is the only thing I would do.

Help mine?

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=328347
ScaryGuy123
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kidsilk » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:08 pm

I like your team. The only things I can see is maybe getting a little more speed. I am not sold on Jacoby since he probably will share time with Coco unless Coco is traded. I do like your pitching a lot and agree with the last post that you could use a more reliable ace although I am a big fan of Harang. You should be very competitive with this team. Nice draft.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=329581
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1227)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team