12 team, 5x5 mixed, 9th pick in draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

12 team, 5x5 mixed, 9th pick in draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 12 team, 5x5 mixed, 9th pick in draft

Postby monomakh » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:56 pm

Ah, I think I've figured out why I hate this team (and like talking to myself out loud, apparently) - it's because it well rounded without any significant strengths or weaknesses (weaknesses that are addressable on the field, at any rate - health is another issue). It's kind of like vanilla ice cream - sure, it's useful, goes great with nearly everything, but do you ever really *love* vanilla?

It's also a lot easier to improve a team if you're great at 8 positions but have a black hole at 1 than it is to be pretty good at 9 positions. Strategic error on my part (I'm an auction kind of guy where stars & scrubs is my preferred default strategy). And my main weakness - health - is not something that can be addressed on the field. To a lesser extent, I have a weakness at positional flexibility as well (Wigginton was my secret sauce but he was taken about 3 rounds before I had him in my draft).

In any event, I think that's what's bugging me - the team has no edges or obvious areas to address. My non-Kazmir SPs are all within ~$5 of value of each other, I have a bunch of players in the 10-20 HR/10-20 SB range with only the Hebrew Hammer and Wheels Crawford to really light up the fame-o-meter.

Well, guess it's time to buckle down and try and roll with it. And stop talking to myself so much.
monomakh
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team