Rate My 16 Team H2H Points League Please! WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate My 16 Team H2H Points League Please! WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate My 16 Team H2H Points League Please! WHIR

Postby tvaldivi » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:41 pm

Just made a pretty big trade and here is what my team looks like. Pretty standard H2H points league, 1 point for single, 2 for double etc. Also get points for holds, quality starts, appearances, double plays turned, outfield assists. It's a daily lineup league, start 4 pitchers a day and 2 Util. 16 Team League

Starters: C B Molina, 1B J Morneau, 2B M Ellis, 3B R Braun, SS J Reyes, OF M Ordonez, OF A Rowand, OF J Willingham, Util K Griffey, Util M Kemp
Pitchers: J Smoltz, B Myers, J Valverde, J Nathan, J Lackey, H Bell, J Bergmann, R Betancourt, J Guthrie, F Morales, J Sanchez, A Sonnanstine
Bench Hitters: C D Navarro, 3B Eric Chavez, 1B D Barton, SS J Wilson, CF J Gathright, OF J Jones, OF G Matthews, 2B F Sanchez

How do you think my team is overall, I think my pitching may be a little weak with starters, but hopefully the relief pitchers will make up for it.

Scoring
Scoring for Batting Categories
1B - Singles 1 point
2B - Doubles 2 points
3B - Triples 3 points
BB - Walks (Batters) 1 point
CSC - Caught Stealing by Catcher 3 points
CYC - Hitting for the Cycle 10 points
DPT - Double Plays Turned 1 point
GSHR - Grand Slam Home Runs 10 points
HP - Hit by Pitch 1 point
HR - Home Runs 4 points
OFAST - OF Assists 4 points
R - Runs 1 point
RBI - Runs Batted In 1 point
SB - Stolen Bases 2 points
SF - Sacrifice Flies 1 point
SH - Sacrifice Hits 1 point
TPT - Triple Plays Turned 10 points

Scoring for Pitching Categories
APP - Appearances 2 points
BBI - Walks Issued (Pitchers) -.33 points
CG - Complete Games 3 points
ER - Earned Runs -1 point
HD - Holds 3 points
IBBI - Intentional Walks .33 points
INN - Innings 1 point
K - Strikeouts (Pitcher) 1 point
L - Losses -5 points
NH - No-Hitters 10 points
PG - Perfect Games 20 points
PKO - Pick Offs 2 points
QS - Quality Starts 5 points
S - Saves 4 points
SO - Shutouts 4 points
W - Wins 5 points
tvaldivi
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate My 16 Team H2H Points League Please! WHIR

Postby Steama1973 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:51 pm

Thats quite the system you have going there. There alot of pitching Cats so I would defiantly make a move for a steady, reliable, proven starter (or 2). You have Myers which is great, but he isn't exactly proven yet. And besides him I don't see much starting pitching unless I missed it. But you have the guys everyone wants on offense. The offense is pretty good. ESPECIALLY considering the fact there are no 'averages' categories in your league, these guys put up all those numbers with out alot of averages. (besides ordonez). So basically I'd make a move on a starter, maybe take advantage of Kemp's reputation right now (because most players like that don't live up to it) and you still have Gary Matthews who i like. And maybe get another starter for one of your many closers. People always love to trade for closers. Alright good luck
Steama1973
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NittanyLions1 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:56 pm

Man I thought I was in a deep league with lots of scoring...anyway, for 16 teams I think your team has to be a top competitor. Your offense, with Braun, Reyes, and Morneau and some other very solid players should hold up. I actually think your pitching is the strong point...to have some top closers and starters in a 16 team league is very nice...altho you take a hit without Lackey of course. Your youngsters have a lot of potential though and if they can perform your pitching should also be good for this deep of a league. Good luck

Thoughts on mine?
viewtopic.php?t=329483
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby skjelstrom » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:10 pm

Very Very good team for a 16 team league. You will definitely be one of the top competitors. Amazing Hitting staff though I would look at an upgrade at 2B if possible. Once Lackey is back and if Smoltz doesnt get injured you have a very stacked Pitching staff too. And if Myers pitches like the Phillies coaches expect him too. There has to be some reason they made him the opening day starter. Then you have some of the top Relievers in the game also. Very good job drafting. Good Luck (Even though I dont think you will need it.)

Overall 9.5/10 (You cant get much better than what you have unless you rig the drafting.)

Check out mine and comment if you have time. PLEASE: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=329338&p=2645845#p2645845
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby tvaldivi » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:16 pm

Just so you guys know the trade that I just made was this....

I got: R Braun, K Griffey, and M Kemp

I gave: C Pena, A Beltre, and C Billingsley

I'm guessing this was a good trade for me, all the feedback I got before it was very positive. The only drawback is in the scoring. Double plays turned is 1 point each so having Pena as a utility is like 120 free points. Outfielders get 4 points per assist, but who knows how many Braun will get in Left. Any ideas?
tvaldivi
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby qnzbro2k » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:49 pm

Great trade snagging Braun. That's a pretty deep offense for such a big league. Your front 3 starters (Smoltz,Lackey)=hurt to begin year and Myers(transitioning back to rotation) will be pretty key in getting you to victory in this league.
11' Outlook:
AL CY: Jon Lester
NL CY: Roy Halladay
AL MVP: Alex Rodriguez
NL MVP: Troy Tulowitski
qnzbro2k
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kidsilk » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:22 pm

Your team kinda looks like mine but Im in a 12 team league! So, that tells you that you did a great job drafting. I think you could use one more strong starter but I really like your nice nucleus of Offensive starters. Great job and good luck. Thanks for your help with mine.
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1229)

Postby Invictus » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:10 pm

I see your team as a top competitor, especially for a 16 team league. I like the trade that you swung for braun, as it improves your team significantly. Your pitching staff looks solid though - once lackey comes back, you should be competitive. Is this league in person? If it is, you might be able to sugar some people up on myers, and see if you can swing a two for one on him and get a truly solid 2nd baseman. I think your pitching is good enough that you can afford to take a 4th slot guy in his place to improve there.

Good luck this season - your help on mine was/is much appreciated! ;-D
Invictus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby doubleplay122000 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:54 pm

thanks for the help on mine

i cant help but echo the comments of the people before me...to really solidfy your team you need to get yourself one super-reliable starter. i would move kemp like someone suggested and a lower tier pitcher for someone who can really help to stabalize the rotation for you
doubleplay122000
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team