Drafted Last Night - Offer Opinions & Leave a Link to Yours - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Drafted Last Night - Offer Opinions & Leave a Link to Yours

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drafted Last Night - Offer Opinions & Leave a Link to Yours

Postby Diggs » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:11 am

12 team roto league and we start 2 catchers, a MI, a CI, and 5 OFs. We need 3 starting pitchers and any other 4 pitchers. What I love about my team is that all 4 of my infielders are ranked top 6 or better at their position (Wright & Upton #2 at theirs), I have 2 SPs in the top 8, 3 SPs in the top 18, two top 12 closers, and a young, studly OF that can surely build on last year's boom on to the scene.

Lastly I have so much lineup flexibility as Berkman is 1B/OF, Upton is 2B/OF, Guillen is SS/1B, Duncan is 1B/OF, Yunel Escobar and Mark DeRosa are available anywhere, etc. Let me know what if any weaknesses you see or suggestions you have. Thanks in advance and leave a link to yours.

C Jason Varitek
C Gregg Zaun
1B Lance Berkman
2B B.J. Upton
3B David Wright
SS Carlos Guillén
CI Chris Duncan
MI Jhonny Peralta
OF Hunter Pence
OF Josh Hamilton
OF Josh Willingham
OF Rick Ankiel
OF Nate McLouth
Util Mark Reynolds

BN Yunel Escobar
BN Mark DeRosa
BN Luke Scott
BN Franklin Gutiérrez

Pitchers

SP Justin Verlander
SP John Smoltz
SP Javier Vázquez
RP Francisco Cordero
RP Joakim Soria
RP Jonathan Broxton
RP Heath Bell
RP Jeremy Accardo
BN Carlos Villanueva
BN Orlando Hernández
I am a New York Jets, New York Mets, and New York Knicks fan. I know misery like few other sports fans know ...
Diggs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Drafted Last Night - Offer Opinions & Leave a Link to Yours

Postby Schrute » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:10 am

this is pretty rock solid for a 12 team league good job.

not a lot of powerhouse strengths, but no gaping weaknesses whatsoever.

i would be a little worried of your lack of 'big names'. teams with too many fliers such as yours [and mine for that matter] have a hard time trading because other owners aren't familar with the names. so if they're doing well, no one wnats them because they think it's just a hot streak...and if they're not doing well, the guys just sucks.

because of that im not sure how you could go about patching up yourr SPs, but that is the first thing i would start looking in to.

help me?

viewtopic.php?t=329113
Schrute
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Redlegs » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:29 pm

i like your team, but think you may need some help with speed. i like your starters but think you could use some depth. i like your closers, but you may lose some saves from accardo when bj ryan gets healthy.

im not a fan of having so many offensive players on the bench. i would drop some of your offensive bench players to go for extra pitching, and would go for both another starter and either a lower tier (whoever's available) closer or a set up man with the potential to get saves at some point in the season.

good luck hope that helps
Redlegs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BigMak » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:42 pm

I think you are overrating your pitching. It is decent. I would not put Smoltz or Verlander in the top 8. And there are no reliable closers. The staff will need work.

The offense is going to have a problem with batting average and probably homeruns. This team has potential but I would not put it any higher than middle of the league.

Help mine:
viewtopic.php?t=329326
BigMak
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kidsilk » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:48 pm

I think your SP needs some help and your OF does too since as one guy already said you have some nice potential but no big names and no big power in the OF which I see as an important component to any fantasy team. You should definitely be competitive but if you can upgrade a little in the OF and SP you will jump up in the standings a few spots.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=329581
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1232)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team