Sizing up my competition... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Sizing up my competition...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sizing up my competition...

Postby NittanyLions1 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:24 pm

Looking to repeat in a 14-team head-to-head points league (we kept 3). We count everything including holds and quality starts. Just wondering where I stand this year. I posted the top 3 rosters imo...which team do you like most...THANKS and WHIR

MY TEAM (The Sonic Death Monkeys)
C- Martin
1- Fielder
2B- Kinsler
SS- Ramirez
3B- Cabrera
OF(start 4)- Hart, Hamilton, JUpton, Buck
U(start 3)- Escobar, Reynolds, Kubel
P(start 14)- Maine, Bonderman, Billingsley, McGowan, Kennedy, F Morales, Bonser, Wolf, Floyd, Bergmann, Germano, Gagne, Lyon, Soria

Bench(8)- Alexei Ramirez, Diaz, Gutierrez, Headley, Rasmus, J Baker, E Aybar, Shealy
Minors(2)- Clayton Kershaw, Gio Gonzalez
DL- Schilling, F Paulino, Anibel Sanchez

ARCH NEMESIS 1 (The Quartguzzlers)
C- Soto
1B- Texiera
2B- Kendrick
SS- Tejada
3B- Gordon
OF(start 4) - Rios, Andrew Jones, Maybin, Cust
U(start 3)- Hafner, Encarnacion, Hardy
P(start 14)- Sabathia, Sheets, Liriano, Jimenez, D Cabrera, Bannister, E Santana, Correia, Humber, E Jackson, Lohse, Madson, Patterson, Westbrook

Bench(8)- Longoria, Bruce, A Cabrera, M Cabrera, B Harris, S Moore, J Rivera, Werth
Minors(2)- Nick Adenhart, ?
DL- Lackey

ARCH NEMESIS 2 (The Crowhoppers)
C- Johjima
1B- Loney
2B- Cano
SS- Tullowitski
3B- Beltre
OF(start 4)- Burrell, Duncan, Pence, Hermida
U(start 3)- Butler, Teahan, Crosby
P(start 14)- Myers, Lilly, Lester, Wang, Hughes, Grienke, Jurrjens, Litch, Moyer, Silva, Gabbard, Papelbon, Percival, Wilson

Bench(8)- N Johnson, Iwamura, Stairs, Ross, Lamb, Jenkins, Doumit, J Anderson
M(2)- Carlos Carrasco, Jake McGee
Last edited by NittanyLions1 on Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sizing up my competition...

Postby D1AMOND_K1NG » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:10 am

Go Sonic Death Monkeys!

I like your team, that infield is sick for a 14 team league. Really like Hamilton to blow up. Your Pitching isn't the strongest but I think it will get the job done. Bonderman is my darkhorse pick to win the AL Cy. McGowan should continue to improve. Bonser lost 25 pounds and should be a solid mid rotation arm. Billingsley is a stud in the making. The Quartguzzlers are probably your top competition but I think your infield really carries you. And you have a nice collection of young arms.
D1AMOND_K1NG
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby skjelstrom » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:58 pm

You hitting is definitely the best and your pitching isnt incredible but it is mediocre and will get the job done. Arch Nemesis 1 definitely has the advantage when it comes to pitching, but I think your hitting will carry you above that.

If you have the time please look at and comment mine: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=329338&p=2645845#p2645845
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby tvaldivi » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:04 pm

I definitely like your team in a 14 team leauge. That infield is absolutely ridiculous, I'm guessing it had to be a keeper league unless the others in your league were drunk at the bar while drafting! Your pitching is a little shaky but I think mcgowan and billingsley should be in for good sleeper years. Very nice team and I definitely think you are the favorite right now.

Thanks for the help with mine! ;-D
tvaldivi
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team